PTCAS Academic / GPA Update?

Started by kellerac
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kellerac

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
I'm wondering if when PTCAS receives your fall transcript how long (if at all) it usually takes to update your GPA calculations? For the life of me I can't remember how long it took when I first submitted my application in September. My updated transcript was received 12/22/2016

I'm waiting to hear back from a few schools, and I hope they update the GPA calculations, seeing how I did pretty well this semester.

Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I applied the second time it took close to two weeks. The response time varies depending on when you submit it I guess.
 
I emailed PTCAS and got this reply. Hopefully this helps clear up any confusion.

Good Evening,

Thank you for contacting PTCAS. From the date that your application was
considered complete (12/22) it takes about 2-4 weeks for verification and for
your GPA to be calculated!
 
Since there's already a thread about Academic Update, I'll ask here....

Anyone know whether we have to wait specifically for PTCAS to send us an email saying we can start our Academic Update or can we go ahead and do it starting now?
I only ask because the Academic Update FAQ mentions this detail (that PTCAS will send us an email).
 
PTCAS did not send out that e-mail and AUD has been open since 12/12 and closes some time in January 2017 -- so good idea to start that process if you have not already.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile