• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

PTCAS App Question

jakune

2+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2017
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
Hello!

I am having trouble answering this question: Does your academic record accurately reflect your capabilities?

Say, for example, I was not doing too great in the beginning of my undergrad, do I need to explain what I did not do too great?

Also, I did really well in my past 60-90 units so should I put yes or no for the question above?

Upvote 0

Smash Atoms

2+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2017
  1. Physical Therapy Student
I selected "no" and explained why.

I dropped out of high school and entered community college with GED. Of course, I totally bombed my first 3 semesters and pretty much got kicked out of school.

When I came back to college a decade later, my GPA reflects all A's. If you think you are capable of a 4.0 but your record does not reflect it, I would err on the side of offering explanation. If it comes down to you and one other person for a spot and you offer insight to your GPA it could maybe be the difference between you and them.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.