PTCAS App Question

Started by jakune
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jakune

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

I am having trouble answering this question: Does your academic record accurately reflect your capabilities?

Say, for example, I was not doing too great in the beginning of my undergrad, do I need to explain what I did not do too great?

Also, I did really well in my past 60-90 units so should I put yes or no for the question above?
 
I selected "no" and explained why.

I dropped out of high school and entered community college with GED. Of course, I totally bombed my first 3 semesters and pretty much got kicked out of school.

When I came back to college a decade later, my GPA reflects all A's. If you think you are capable of a 4.0 but your record does not reflect it, I would err on the side of offering explanation. If it comes down to you and one other person for a spot and you offer insight to your GPA it could maybe be the difference between you and them.

Good luck!