PTCAS GRE scores and NAU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

okramango

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

So it looks like PTCAS has still not received GRE scores from ETS for verification, and NAU's November 1 deadline is quickly approaching. I emailed NAU to find out if they had my score (which I sent to their PTCAS code 7668 last July), pointing out that PTCAS has not yet received scores from ETS. NAU responded saying that GRE scores are due by Dec 15, and that I could have the score sent to their direct school code, 4006.

However, I don't think they actually looked up my file to see if they have my GRE scores yet. I don't want to pay for yet another score if I don't need to. Has anyone else looked into this issue? Basically, since PTCAS has not yet received scores from ETS, I don't know if NAU has received my score yet or not, and contacting NAU about this did not help.

Has anyone else heard anything regarding when PTCAS might finally receive and verify GRE scores? Or does anyone have info about whether NAU has access to our GRE scores if we used the PTCAS GRE code 7668?

Thanks for any insight!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having the same problem and would love to know!

I was unaware of this, but I guess it affects me as well. I'm assuming most of their applicants have the same issue so it shouldn't be a big deal for any of us, right? They won't throw out 80% of their applicants because PTCAS screwed up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you assuming that PTCAS doesn't have your scores because of the fact that on your application it still says something along the lines of "this will be updated in mid Oct.." with no scores showing? Or did PTCAS verify directly with you that they don't yet have the scores?

If it is a case of the former rather than the latter, I'm in the same position as my PTCAS application still states the same thing. However, one of the schools I applied to that did not have a direct department code (and thus used a general PTCAS code) sent me an interview invite already. I know they wouldn't have been able to do that if they didn't have my GRE, so my powers of deduction are leading me to believe that they actually were sent to these schools even though the online PTCAS app hasn't been updated.

If it's a case of the latter where someone from PTCAS actually stated that they don't have the scores, then I clearly have no idea what's going on, am equally confused, and cue freaking the hell out.

Last edited:
Any idea if the scores are sent to each program electronically or through snail mail? Hoping it's the former. I wouldn't want only SOME of the programs to receive my scores.

Are you assuming that PTCAS doesn't have your scores because of the fact that on your application it still says something along the lines of "this will be updated in mid Oct.." with no scores showing? Or did PTCAS verify directly with you that they don't yet have the scores?

This was posted on the PTCAS facebook page on Oct 15:
"PTCAS is working with ETS to begin receiving GRE scores for PT programs with PTCAS GRE codes. More information will be shared as it becomes available. If you are concerned that your GRE scores were not received by your designated program, please confirm with ETS that the scores have been mailed via paper format reports to your designated programs."

PTCAS originally had a statement that they would begin receiving scores from ETS in mid-August. Then their official statement changed to September, and then October. Clearly, they are having some kind of issue with ETS in receiving GRE scores.

For programs that use a "PTCAS code" for GRE, they have two options. 1) They can have scores sent both to PTCAS and directly to the program, or 2) They can have scores sent only to PTCAS, and just trust their verification. Note that we only send scores once, and the PTCAS code triggers scores to be sent according to what the school has chosen.

I don't know which option NAU uses. If their PTCAS code triggers scores to be sent directly to NAU, in addition to PTCAS, then everything should be fine. However, if scores are sent only to PTCAS, then there might be an issue.

It looks like I'll need to call ETS next week to find out if scores were sent directly to NAU.

Hi All,

So it looks like PTCAS has still not received GRE scores from ETS for verification, and NAU's November 1 deadline is quickly approaching. I emailed NAU to find out if they had my score (which I sent to their PTCAS code 7668 last July), pointing out that PTCAS has not yet received scores from ETS. NAU responded saying that GRE scores are due by Dec 15, and that I could have the score sent to their direct school code, 4006.

However, I don't think they actually looked up my file to see if they have my GRE scores yet. I don't want to pay for yet another score if I don't need to. Has anyone else looked into this issue? Basically, since PTCAS has not yet received scores from ETS, I don't know if NAU has received my score yet or not, and contacting NAU about this did not help.

Has anyone else heard anything regarding when PTCAS might finally receive and verify GRE scores? Or does anyone have info about whether NAU has access to our GRE scores if we used the PTCAS GRE code 7668?

Thanks for any insight!

make sure NAU graduate office has the scores not the PT dept. you used the right codes. I like the idea of sending NAU a cc of your GRE report. maybe block out the other schools that are listed on the report. last cycle NAU wanted a direct send to grad office.

It looks like PTCAS is finally starting to receive GRE scores. They are now listed under the "Official Tests" section on the right column of the PTCAS application. It also lists one of the schools that I sent them to in red letters above the scores (not NAU). However, PTCAS said on their facebook page that they are still in the process of uploading all the scores and so not all of the schools will be listed at this point. Hopefully NAU will show up there soon, and I won't need to resend the scores after all.

And thanks for the advice Litlwarrior08!

Ah, yes. Mine says this above it in red:
7668-NORTHERN ARIZONA U PHYS THRPY

It looks like PTCAS is finally starting to receive GRE scores. They are now listed under the "Official Tests" section on the right column of the PTCAS application. It also lists one of the schools that I sent them to in red letters above the scores (not NAU). However, PTCAS said on their facebook page that they are still in the process of uploading all the scores and so not all of the schools will be listed at this point. Hopefully NAU will show up there soon, and I won't need to resend the scores after all.

And thanks for the advice Litlwarrior08!

this whole thread has confused me a bit. So are all the schools we sent gre scores to supposed to be listed in red like the NAU one? I'm assuming PTCAS is still uploading everything?

Ah, yes. Mine says this above it in red:
7668-NORTHERN ARIZONA U PHYS THRPY

Mine still doesn't list NAU! I sent my score in early August. Hopefully they are just still uploading scores and it will show up really soon.

TJBaker019: The schools that use a PTCAS GRE code should show up on the "Official Tests" page. If a school uses a non-PTCAS code, it will not show up on PTCAS.

I just checked my PTCAS application and the GRE page now lists NAU and CSUN (my two PTCAS schools I'm applying to)! I feel so relieved that I don't need to send the GRE scores again. Now I just have to be patient enough to wait until January to hear back from NAU!