PTCAS Observation Hour Verification question

Started by DPTJO13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DPTJO13

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I work as a tech in an outpatient clinic that I plan on working at until March of next year. I have 312 hours completed and I put 116 hours under "planned/in progress." I got an email saying the PT verified those hours, but when I log onto my app, it still gives me an option to send for verification. Does this mean I have to wait until March to get this experience verified? Will I get credit for the hours that I already completed? I am slightly freaking out because that is where the bulk of my hours come from.
 
I don't know the answer, but when I had questions like that I always got an answer from PTCAS when I called or emailed.

I tried calling twice, but they are experiencing "higher than usual call volume" (shocker), so I was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue. I will shoot them an email as well though; thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I asked a few questions through the facebook page and they responded within a few days. Definitely try through there too!
 
Hey all,

I work as a tech in an outpatient clinic that I plan on working at until March of next year. I have 312 hours completed and I put 116 hours under "planned/in progress." I got an email saying the PT verified those hours, but when I log onto my app, it still gives me an option to send for verification. Does this mean I have to wait until March to get this experience verified? Will I get credit for the hours that I already completed? I am slightly freaking out because that is where the bulk of my hours come from.

Sorry about bringing up a 2 month old post, but were you able to find an answer to this? I'm in a very similar situation. Currently a tech with 500+ hours, still plan to work until spring.. Should I put planned hours into PTCAS and have my director sign off on them? Or should I submit only completed hours and just update hours to individual schools after? I know that updating later will result in the hours not counting as "verified".