PTCAS Observation Hour Verification question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTJO13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I work as a tech in an outpatient clinic that I plan on working at until March of next year. I have 312 hours completed and I put 116 hours under "planned/in progress." I got an email saying the PT verified those hours, but when I log onto my app, it still gives me an option to send for verification. Does this mean I have to wait until March to get this experience verified? Will I get credit for the hours that I already completed? I am slightly freaking out because that is where the bulk of my hours come from.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know the answer, but when I had questions like that I always got an answer from PTCAS when I called or emailed.

I don't know the answer, but when I had questions like that I always got an answer from PTCAS when I called or emailed.

I tried calling twice, but they are experiencing "higher than usual call volume" (shocker), so I was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue. I will shoot them an email as well though; thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also know some people had their questions answered on the ptcas facebook page, but I've never tried that.

I asked a few questions through the facebook page and they responded within a few days. Definitely try through there too!

Hey all,

I work as a tech in an outpatient clinic that I plan on working at until March of next year. I have 312 hours completed and I put 116 hours under "planned/in progress." I got an email saying the PT verified those hours, but when I log onto my app, it still gives me an option to send for verification. Does this mean I have to wait until March to get this experience verified? Will I get credit for the hours that I already completed? I am slightly freaking out because that is where the bulk of my hours come from.

Sorry about bringing up a 2 month old post, but were you able to find an answer to this? I'm in a very similar situation. Currently a tech with 500+ hours, still plan to work until spring.. Should I put planned hours into PTCAS and have my director sign off on them? Or should I submit only completed hours and just update hours to individual schools after? I know that updating later will result in the hours not counting as "verified".