PTCAS Questions: Applying late in cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpt2beplzz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I have been retaking prerequisite courses(*approved by desired program) for gpa boosts. I am finishing up 3 self-paced courses to meet an application deadline, and my last final is scheduled for this Wednesday, March 8, 2017! I am trying to meet a March 31 Deadline on PTCAS... While I know most say that my materials just have to arrive before the ptcas deadline, I spoke with an admissions faculty member that said they will review completed and verified applications and will not delay their selection process. Realistically, my transcripts could arrive at PTCAS by March 13th - 15 business days before my deadline.

I am a reapplicant from the 2015-2016 cycle, so all other transcripts have been verified. All LOR, Observation, GREs have been submitted and verified; so everything is ready to e-submit except for this transcript I intend to send on Wednesday. Because I am applying so late in the cycle, do you think the processing time will still take the full 4-5 weeks PTCAS says to allow for? Has anyone that has applied this late in the cycle give feedback on their PTCAS status update timeline? Also, would paying for and choosing the coursework entry service for this transcript shorten that processing turn-around?

Any and all advice is welcome and greatly appreciated![/QUOTIn

In all honesty I would try to apply for the next cycle. Applying as early as possible gives you the best possible chance of getting an interview.