Publication Opportunity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CardiacLion

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just had two rare bugs show up on my IM rotation; two different patients of mine. Attending is keen on writing them up at the very least for a poster... but I'm trying to push for an ID journal pub/review article.

How can I approach my senior resident/attending to ensure I can have a part in writing this case report up and getting credit for it?

P.S. My senior resident has a clear interest in pursuing ID fellowship, so I don't want to step on her toes. But at the same time, if I have a possible shot at first authorship (I'm willing to put in the time and effort), I'd like to take the lead on this project.