Publication Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Physician.EXE

Robot Overlord
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out that a manuscript that I'm a co-author on has been accepted for publication in a high impact journal. Should I send updates to schools now or should I wait until I have an actual doi number or citation?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! I would say wait until around labor day, not because it matters if you have a doi number, but because it is still very early in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I just found out that a manuscript that I'm a co-author on has been accepted for publication in a high impact journal. Should I send updates to schools now or should I wait until I have an actual doi number or citation?
Congratulations.

Hold off on the update.

Updates are generally meaningful post-II, not before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations.

Hold off on the update.

Updates are generally meaningful post-II, not before.
Do you think it would be weird to send a ‘delayed’ update in lets say November (post-interview) for a paper that you knew was accepted in August or July?

Do you think it would be weird to send a ‘delayed’ update in lets say November (post-interview) for a paper that you knew was accepted in August or July?
No. Updates generally are helpful (Definitely) if you are given the status of waitlist and (maybe) if a decision hasn't been reached yet (post-interview, that is).

Reactions: 1 users
No. Updates generally are helpful (Definitely) if you are given the status of waitlist and (maybe) if a decision hasn't been reached yet (post-interview, that is).
Okay, thanks!

Do you think it would be worthwhile for post interview update if an abstract is accepted by a national conference. Not a publication, but just an abstract for a poster presentation at a national field-specific conferences?

Do you think it would be worthwhile for post interview update if an abstract is accepted by a national conference. Not a publication, but just an abstract for a poster presentation at a national field-specific conferences?
IMO, not on its own and not now. Maybe if you get waitlisted somewhere you really want to attend include with other updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and a great time to mention that would be post-interview! Congratulations on your abstract/poster.

@Catalystik hello! I was browsing the thread and haven’t been able to find a proper answer to this research Q:

1.) On the primary, do you commonly encounter a case study publication that’s listed?

2.) Would you say if we have a 1st author case study pub, it’s worth listing as a space on AMCAS or is it best to just address in secondaries and interviews and such?

3.) Does this still count as an publication that can bolster one’s overall research Profile for research heavy schools? Especially when coupled with say a poster and a oral presentation at a national conference?

Thanks!

@Catalystik hello! I was browsing the thread and haven’t been able to find a proper answer to this research Q:

1.) On the primary, do you commonly encounter a case study publication that’s listed?

2.) Would you say if we have a 1st author case study pub, it’s worth listing as a space on AMCAS or is it best to just address in secondaries and interviews and such?

3.) Does this still count as an publication that can bolster one’s overall research Profile for research heavy schools? Especially when coupled with say a poster and a oral presentation at a national conference?
Why not copy these questions to your thread from last month on this topic (at least the ones we didn't already cover), here: Case Study Publication question? Is it worth putting on the app?

• Haha