Publications on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they mean only research publications. If I work for a magazine and have stuff published in the issues, does this go under publications or just my job description? Does anyone have experience with non-science publications?
Thanks.
 
Apparition said:
Do they mean only research publications. If I work for a magazine and have stuff published in the issues, does this go under publications or just my job description? Does anyone have experience with non-science publications?
Thanks.

I believe they mean scientific journal publications. I'd put the magazine stuff in the job description.
 
When I applied, I included that I wrote an article that was published in inChemistry magazine. When I emailed admissions offices to update my file, I included that I had a second article published in inChemistry. Both articles were for leisure reading and not research oriented. What I did worked for me and no questions ever came up in my interviews. If I were you, I would ask AMCAS by calling them or even ask admissions offices just to be sure.

Best of Luck to you!