Publications on PharmCAS

Started by Sprinkles
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sprinkles

Want to be a Pharmacist!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question my lovely pharmacy people......On the publication section on PharmCAS is it only for science/pharmacy publications? I have been doing outdoor writing in the past and have some articles published before?

Would you list these---Yes or No?? Thank you! 🙂 I don't have any pharmacy publications to list.
 
Quick question my lovely pharmacy people......On the publication section on PharmCAS is it only for science/pharmacy publications? I have been doing outdoor writing in the past and have some articles published before?

Would you list these---Yes or No?? Thank you! 🙂 I don't have any pharmacy publications to list.

If it is a "research" article published in a refereed journal, I would list it regardless of the area of research. If it is a magazine article or something written for entertainment, I would not list it. Just my opinion.
 
Quick question my lovely pharmacy people......On the publication section on PharmCAS is it only for science/pharmacy publications? I have been doing outdoor writing in the past and have some articles published before?

Would you list these---Yes or No?? Thank you! 🙂 I don't have any pharmacy publications to list.

Only list publications that are related to science/health.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it would truly look like a strength, I would list it. For example, if you got published by a magazine with high recognition (Discover or whatever), I'd list it even if it isn't a science/health related article. I also tend to agree with Rouelle.

Otherwise, I'd list it under the EC section (writer for Outdoor Magazine, 5 articles published, etc.).

Just my opinion... If you want a more official answer, you can always call the school or call PharmCAS.
 
No
Publication is for Science related journals. It refers to your research work in science.

Anything else would go under work experience if you got paid
If you didn't get paid, it would go under extracurricular activity.
 
If it would truly look like a strength, I would list it. For example, if you got published by a magazine with high recognition (Discover or whatever), I'd list it even if it isn't a science/health related article. I also tend to agree with Rouelle.

Otherwise, I'd list it under the EC section (writer for Outdoor Magazine, 5 articles published, etc.).

Just my opinion... If you want a more official answer, you can always call the school or call PharmCAS.

This.

And don't feel stressed. The publications section on PharmCAS is not a priority and it is OK to leave it blank if you do not have anything reasonable to put there.