Publix to give away free abx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caverject

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this. They (all publix pharmacy corporate schmucks) made the rounds today explaining their secret plans to the pharmacists to give away antibiotics. Look for a press conference tomorrow with Florida Governor Charlie Crist. This is nothing more than a political stunt by the jack asses that run Publix. This will be similar to what Meijers did last year

http://www.meijer.com/pharmacy/antibiotics.asp

Members don't see this ad.

I can't believe this. They (all publix pharmacy corporate schmucks) made the rounds today explaining their secret plans to the pharmacists to give away antibiotics. Look for a press conference tomorrow with Florida Governor Charlie Crist. This is nothing more than a political stunt by the jack asses that run Publix. This will be similar to what Meijers did last year

http://www.meijer.com/pharmacy/antibiotics.asp

....and half the people probably won't finish the full course since they were free anyways....great idea!

Giant Eagle's been doing this for two years. It hasn't really affected public health any from what I've seen via WVU hospitals bug resistance report thingies they put out annually...so more power to the *****s.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an intern for Publix and hate the idea. Makes NO sense! I saw the list, and it seems like all they're giving away is 15 cent Amoxicillin.

I'm an intern for Publix and hate the idea. Makes NO sense! I saw the list, and it seems like all they're giving away is 15 cent Amoxicillin.

Isn't the whole point to draw people into the stores with free smx-tmp or amox or whatever, and then they can go shopping/pick up other crap? I don't see this as any different from wal mart's 4 buck cheap rx's or coupons for giftcards for doing a rx transfer. While you are going to have ppl coming in just for free basic abx, I would guess most would also go shopping or buy crap...hence making more money for publix.

The only downside is, of course, people coming in with scripts for gorillacillins and expecting it to get covered because all they heard was free free free. But I mean, who doesn't want FREE stuff.

As a kid growing up without insurance, I think it's pretty cool; think about it this way, the moms can go to publix and get amox, and spend the 5-10 bucks they saved on marlboros. The kid gets disgusting abx and the mom gets nicotine, everyone wins. Marketing at it's best.