Pulmonary Critical Care Opportunity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LukeWhite

USC Pulm/CCM 2014
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

As a long time SDNer I thought I'd start looking for several like-minded partners here.

I am starting a dedicated intensivist group at a major community hospital near Chicago that's going to be a terrific opportunity for someone who likes shift work and outcomes-based medicine. It's the chance to build a Dream ICU and I'd love to have help.

I'll be headed back to my hometown about an hour and a half outside of Chicago July 2014 to begin a Critical Care department. We will be shifting the ICU from the current open model supported by private Pulmonary consults to true shift-based 24/7 intensivist coverage.

Some features of the new group:

--I worked as a hospitalist here, grew up here, and was born here. You'll have a stable partner who knows the people and the system.

--The group is employed by a very enthusiastic hospital administration. You will not be competing for work, and you will be free to practice medicine as you see fit.

--Starting salary is well above national and regional averages. Benefits are generous.

--A full time position will involve 15 shifts a month. The timing of these shifts will be flexible and there's opportunity for more.

--The ICU is 24 beds; I expect the average census to be 16-20 patients.

--Case mix is diverse. We are a Level II Trauma center with surgeons who can't wait for us to come. Our Stroke Center is starting this year; the neurosurgeons and interventionalists are thrilled about the new group. We perform basic cardiothoracic surgery and plenty of interventional cardiology/EP. You'll walk into a unit that currently runs well but is eager to get to the next level.

--A four year medical school is down the street and the hospital has an unopposed family medicine residency that is one of the top in the nation. All partners will have the opportunity to become a clinical professor at the medical school.

--We have a TON of resources. The hospital is independent, community owned, and financially stable. I've got big plans for implementing best-practices critical care and performing ongoing clinical trials; the hospital administration is nationally known for encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship and will back your ideas with its full force.

I can honestly say this is my dream job. I'm starting July 2014 but we will hire the right candidate even before if the circumstances are right. New grads and old hands are welcome. Regardless of your pathway to critical care, be it pulmonary, surgery, anesthesia, neuro, or IM, I'm interested in talking with you. PM me or email me at [email protected]!

-Luke White

Members don't see this ad.