-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2023
Started by DrinkWater95
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am!! So excited!I got a timeline email yesterday so I figured I’d put this out there. Who else is applying?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How would you describe Purdue’s Large Animal/Food Animal curriculum?Current second year here! If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask! You can tag me on here or send me an inbox message. Purdue is an amazing school and I love going to vet school here. Good luck!
How would you describe Purdue’s Large Animal/Food Animal curriculum?
I would say it's pretty good. Many of my classmates are wanting to do large animal and a new large animal hospital is in the works I believe. Second semester first year anatomy is over the horse and ruminant with some pig and chicken towards the end. We have a case discussions course that includes both small and large animals. You also have the ability to tailor your electives to large anima third year and be able to tract solely large animal 4th year. In our classes such as parasiology and bacteriology for example, we discuess both small and large animal cases. Hopes this helps.
Yes, this is very helpful! Thank you. I’m really interested in food Animal and want to make sure I have good opportunities wherever I go.I would say it's pretty good. Many of my classmates are wanting to do large animal and a new large animal hospital is in the works I believe. Second semester first year anatomy is over the horse and ruminant with some pig and chicken towards the end. We have a case discussions course that includes both small and large animals. You also have the ability to tailor your electives to large anima third year and be able to tract solely large animal 4th year. In our classes such as parasiology and bacteriology for example, we discuess both small and large animal cases. Hopes this helps.
You will get a good education wherever you go. Go wherever you get in that is cheapest. You can always do rotations on time off if you want more than what the school offers. You’ll thank yourself later when you’re paying off 100k less debt than going somewhere that you think is “better” for whatever area you think you want to practice in and graduating with more loans that gain more interest every year.Yes, this is very helpful! Thank you. I’m really interested in food Animal and want to make sure I have good opportunities wherever I go.
I agree, I'll likely take the cheapest option. Doesn't hurt to know about the program though!You will get a good education wherever you go. Go wherever you get in that is cheapest. You can always do rotations on time off if you want more than what the school offers. You’ll thank yourself later when you’re paying off 100k less debt than going somewhere that you think is “better” for whatever area you think you want to practice in and graduating with more loans that gain more interest every year.
Definitely doesn’t, but some people don’t take the cheapest option and go to their “dream school” even if it’s 15k more a year or go to a school that they’ve heard good things about X program even if it’s going to be 25k more a year than their in state school that they’d get a perfectly good education at. Or they’ll look at rankings even though some schools actually refuse to participate in them and the forms are usually filled out by random people in the admissions office who aren’t vets or anything.I agree, I'll likely take the cheapest option. Doesn't hurt to know about the program though!
That’s why I have to say these things when people start mentioning things like that, especially “dream schools” 🙂
Yeah, I like to be reasonable about that kind of stuff. The goal is to NOT be in debt for 20+ years lol. Can't say I have a dream school, only a dream - to become a veterinarian!Definitely doesn’t, but some people don’t take the cheapest option and go to their “dream school” even if it’s 15k more a year or go to a school that they’ve heard good things about X program even if it’s going to be 25k more a year than their in state school that they’d get a perfectly good education at. Or they’ll look at rankings even though some schools actually refuse to participate in them and the forms are usually filled out by random people in the admissions office who aren’t vets or anything.
That’s why I have to say these things when people start mentioning things like that, especially “dream schools” 🙂
GOOD. THANK YOU. I like you already.Yeah, I like to be reasonable about that kind of stuff. The goal is to NOT be in debt for 20+ years lol. Can't say I have a dream school, only a dream - to become a veterinarian!
Hehe trust me, the debt to income ratio thing really bothered me do awhile. I learned to cope with it and save quite a bit to avoid debt! Being financially secure is forever in my mindGOOD. THANK YOU. I like you already.
iluvdogs100
Full Member
Hi I applied to Purdue as well, but have not received a timeline email yet! Could you share with me some dates they said in the email? Thanks! I hope im getting that email soonI got a timeline email yesterday so I figured I’d put this out there. Who else is applying?
Hi I applied to Purdue as well, but have not received a timeline email yet! Could you share with me some dates they said in the email? Thanks! I hope im getting that email soon
This is all it was. Has your VMCAS been verified? I got this email within a week of verification.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My email was the same. I didn’t get it until about a month after verification though.View attachment 240949
This is all it was. Has your VMCAS been verified? I got this email within a week of verification.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iluvdogs100
Full Member
Thanks so much for posting it! Yes my application got verified on 10/8. So, I hope the email is coming soon.View attachment 240949
This is all it was. Has your VMCAS been verified? I got this email within a week of verification.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve applied here the last couple cycles, IS, and have gotten both interview invites and rejections. Based on the last few years, I would expect that emails will come out on Dec. 7th or 14th, usually around 5pm. Hope this helps!I applied here as well, has anyone heard anything yet?
iluvdogs100
Full Member
I have not heard anything yet from Purdue... like nothing regarding my application. Do you all think I should email them about it? Or have all of you also not heard anything yet
NothingI have not heard anything yet from Purdue... like nothing regarding my application. Do you all think I should email them about it? Or have all of you also not heard anything yet
I don't believe we are supposed to hear anything until mid-December.
Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
“Early to mid-December”
*Watches calendar intently as early December starts to morph into mid-December with no news*
Because I would really like to know if I need to register for micro w/ lab...
*Watches calendar intently as early December starts to morph into mid-December with no news*
Because I would really like to know if I need to register for micro w/ lab...
I would really like to know if I need to register for micro w/ lab...
You probably should either way IMO, a lot of schools require or strongly recommend micro and then lab is usually denoted as "preferred" - plus it's an interesting class/fun lab and you'll have some of it in vet school!
You probably should either way IMO, a lot of schools require or strongly recommend micro and then lab is usually denoted as "preferred" - plus it's an interesting class/fun lab and you'll have some of it in vet school!
So for western I can take it online since they don’t require a lab. The issue is that any micro class w/lab will inevitably affect my work schedule and there is a conference I want to go to in February and I’d rather not have to deal with absences in a class for it. I’d much rather take it online than in person w/ lab.
So if I get an interview at Purdue, I’ll enroll in the in-person lab course and deal with the minor inconveniences.
But if I don’t get an interview, I’ll take the more convenient online course. If that makes sense haha.
I have not heard anything yet from Purdue... like nothing regarding my application. Do you all think I should email them about it? Or have all of you also not heard anything yet
You probably should either way IMO, a lot of schools require or strongly recommend micro and then lab is usually denoted as "preferred" - plus it's an interesting class/fun lab and you'll have some of it in vet school!
I haven’t heard anything - besides the application-entering-review email on Oct 1, which I’m assuming you also got.
I second sheltermed’s plug for micro! Honestly it was my favorite undergrad class plus I learned I ton!
soexcited03!
Full Member
I’ve applied here the last couple cycles, IS, and have gotten both interview invites and rejections. Based on the last few years, I would expect that emails will come out on Dec. 7th or 14th, usually around 5pm. Hope this helps!
I'm sorry to hear that but I hope we find out Dec. 7th! The anxiety is killing me!
FYI Purdue has regularly sent out invites/rejections the Friday they go on break (aka next Friday). You can see the time of day they were sent out in past years on their previous threads too.“Early to mid-December”
*Watches calendar intently as early December starts to morph into mid-December with no news*
Because I would really like to know if I need to register for micro w/ lab...
Did anyone not get this email? I did not. 😵View attachment 240949
This is all it was. Has your VMCAS been verified? I got this email within a week of verification.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone not get this email? I did not. 😵
I just viciously went through my email inbox for the last few months and I didn't get this email either. Now i'm worried. Haha.🙁
I got it but I don't remember getting it. Nbd. Don't be worried.I just viciously went through my email inbox for the last few months and I didn't get this email either. Now i'm worried. Haha.🙁
iluvdogs100
Full Member
i did not get it either and neither did my friend
Anyone hear anything yet?
Nope, still just waiting "patiently".
vetmedicine
Full Member
i guess they're not sending it today?
i guess they're not sending it today?
It's possible.
I wouldn't be surprised if they wait till Monday at this point! Or even next Friday, and call it an early Christmas gift 🙂 Still holding out hope!
Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
marsupialman117
New Member
OOS Invite! I only applied to 2 schools and have interviews at both so I feel slightly relieved.... for now.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS rejected
How do we accept the interview? When I click the link in the email I just see the general page that talks about their program and interview itenerary
OOS invite. Wow!
OOS rejected
Oh well. Now I don’t have to take micro with lab!
Oh well. Now I don’t have to take micro with lab!