Purdue c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone traveling from Chicago airport? How are you getting to Purdue?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m going alone Friday! I’m staying at the Purdue Union Club

I think I'm at some Days Inn near the school. I'll have a car rental. We should go to the dinner together! PM me :)

Is anyone traveling from Chicago airport? How are you getting to Purdue?

I'll be driving a rental car from the Indianapolis airport. I haven't heard of anyone coming from Chicago, but renting a car is probably your only option unless there's a shuttle. I don't even know how far apart they are from each other, haha. Safe travels!!

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you that interviewed last week, how helpful were the discussions? Also, do they put you in a tour, or are you allowed to go in whichever tour you'd like? Thanks!
You’re allowed to pick which tour you go one

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that interviewed last week, how helpful were the discussions? Also, do they put you in a tour, or are you allowed to go in whichever tour you'd like? Thanks!
Everything listed on the itinerary (besides check in and interview obviously) is optional! you can attend/not attend whatever you'd like. You can attend any tour that fits into your schedule, to work around your interview time-which you will know once you check in!

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who have already interviewed, did you stay in your interview clothes for the whole day?

For those of you who have already interviewed, did you stay in your interview clothes for the whole day?
Yes. I didn't see anybody that changed out of them.

• Wow
Had a great day at Purdue today! Fingers crossed for good news!

Does anyone know much about waitlist movement? In case that ends up being my result.

Edit: also, do they give your position on the waitlist?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
also, did anyone send (or plan to send) thank you notes to your interviewers?

• Wow
Had a great day at Purdue today! Fingers crossed for good news!

Does anyone know much about waitlist movement? In case that ends up being my result.

Edit: also, do they give your position on the waitlist?

There is more waitlist movement, from what I remember, on the OOS list compared to the in-state list, but both groups do have some movement. I'm not sure about this year, as they over-accepted in the class before me, so they were pretty cautious for my year. And I don't believe they tell you where you are on the waitlist.

Totally keep a positive attitude guys. I was sure bombing a question in my interview doomed me, but apparently not :)

Good luck everyone! I know I'm kinda late to the party over here, but I am a current first year here at Purdue and I'm also open to questions or having a conversation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know by how much that was? Just out of curiosity. How many are in the class of 2021?

We overaccepted by 6 (usually it's 84 but we had 90). However, now we have 86 (lost 4 after first year).

• Wow
Last year I received my acceptance call on Saturday, Feb 10th @ 7:00pm- Maybe calls will start tomorrow????

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else have a heart attack over the email they just sent out for us to take a survey on the admissions process lol

• Haha
I received a call at about 7:30 from Dean Reed. Accepted OOS!!! Good luck everyone! The calls have begun

Reactions: 12 users
I received a call at about 7:30 from Dean Reed. Accepted OOS!!! Good luck everyone! The calls have begun
Congrats!!! I got my call at 4:30 today, accepted IS!!! I was NOT expecting it at all. Purdue is my DREAM

Reactions: 11 users
OOS acceptance!! Got my call around 630pm last night!! So excited!!

OOS acceptance!! Got my call around 630pm last night!! So excited!!
Congrats! What state are you from? I'm from NJ and I'm always surprised how many NJ residents go to Purdue. And I guess yesterday was the first day of calls!

Does anyone know how acceptance calls work? Do they do calls throughout the day? Do they do them all in one day? Trying to figure out if I should be expecting a rejection....

Do they do them all in one day?

Historically it seems that Dean Reed makes calls over 4 to 6 days. He is the only one making the calls and therefore it probably takes him a while. It seems as though yesterday was the first day of calls, and the times at which he calls will vary.

As for the release of waitlist or rejection decisions, I'm not sure. If you search for "Purdue" using the search function and specify the Pre-Veterinary forum, you will find threads from previous classes which will give you a lot of insight as to how things have historically happened.

Does anyone know how acceptance calls work? Do they do calls throughout the day? Do they do them all in one day? Trying to figure out if I should be expecting a rejection....
From previous threads, it seems that waitlist/rejection emails go out once all of the acceptance calls are made. They do the calls throughout the day over several days, so I know it can be stressful but don't panic if you haven't gotten one yet! Dean Reed is doing it all himself.

It is lovely that the dean personally calls the class:D, but the setup definitely makes you panic!:laugh:

Got my acceptance call around 5:50 pm last night for IS at Purdue!. Super excited and I can't wait to meet all of my future classmates.

OOS Accepted! Just got the call from Dean Reed, who is making more calls today!

Reactions: 8 users
To those accepted so far, did the Dean give you any next steps? Did he say when you'd recieve something written/via email/etc?

To those accepted so far, did the Dean give you any next steps? Did he say when you'd recieve something written/via email/etc?

He mentioned that a follow-up email will come out in a few days with additional information. I hope you get a call soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted OOS a few days ago, and after thinking about it going to decline my spot. Hope it goes to one of you!!

• Wow
Congrats! What state are you from? I'm from NJ and I'm always surprised how many NJ residents go to Purdue. And I guess yesterday was the first day of calls!
I am from CT! So we are not that far from each other! I am currently at Purdue for undergrad but still had to apply as OOS.

OOS Accepted! Got the call earlier today. Purdue is an awesome campus, good luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder if they have already called all the IS people...

Hi Everyone, congratulations on your Purdue acceptance! I am a current first year here and am very glad I made the decision to come to Purdue for my D.V.M. education. There will be challenges in every vet school, but Purdue is a fantastic school to help you navigate through them, learn, and grow.

I own a house in Lafayette 3.5 miles from the vet school (~10 minute drive). I am looking for another housemate and would love to help you navigate through first year! I am a Christian and would love to live with another like-minded lady. I own a 1 year old Golden Retriever who is a fantastic therapy dog and patient practice model – he will let you do anything to him!

Please PM me for more information and so we can talk!

IMG_0333.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
OOS waitlisted! will most likely be pulling myself off to attend elsewhere for anyone who is hoping for it to move

OOS waitlist as well!

Might remove myself, not sure yet, thought it was a lovely school! :sorry:

OOS waitlisted, but I just took myself off the list as I was accepted to my IS

Hi everyone! I’m OOS accepted. Is anyone else deciding between Purdue and another school? I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m still waiting to hear from U of I, which is my home school. But I really loved Purdue and it was such a great experience!

Hi guys! I am OOS accepted and am trying to make my decision. Does anyone know if students are allowed to participate in the international experiences first and second year? Also, current students, are there opportunities to get involved in the hospital during the first couple of years? Some schools that I visited mentioned that popping over to the hospital to observe in your free time is welcome, while other schools said that is not allowed. Thanks!

Did anyone receive financial aid information? They said it would come before the end on February and I still haven't gotten anything.

Hi guys! I am OOS accepted and am trying to make my decision. Does anyone know if students are allowed to participate in the international experiences first and second year? Also, current students, are there opportunities to get involved in the hospital during the first couple of years? Some schools that I visited mentioned that popping over to the hospital to observe in your free time is welcome, while other schools said that is not allowed. Thanks!

Hi! :welcome: I am a first year here at Purdue. Yes! You can participate in international experiences during the summers following your first and second year -- in fact they really encourage it. There are a lot of really cool trips already established and if there is a country you want to go to that doesn't already have an established trip, they will help you find something. ;) There are also opportunities to get involved in the hospital and shadow during first year and on. It is sometimes hard to find time to shadow, but if you can it is really worth it. We have large animal emergency response team & foal watch where you are "on call" and will be on a schedule and get called in to help when there is a large animal emergency. You can also shadow in the small animal hospital. Most professors/clinicians are open to you shadowing them you just have to arrange/ask beforehand.

I second the international experiences. I went to Tokyo, Japan after my first year and did a Pathology focused trip with a faculty member. I really enjoyed it. The school encourages. I received $1500 in funding from a scholarship from the school. Other trips I know of are wildlife rescue in Guatemala, South Africa wildlife med trip, zoos in Europe, etc. But you can tailor your trip to whatever you want to do.

• Wow
Does anyone know how to log in to your Purdue email account? I called financial aid today and they were talking about my account login which I don't have