-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2023
Started by DrinkWater95
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I’m going alone Friday! I’m staying at the Purdue Union Club
I think I'm at some Days Inn near the school. I'll have a car rental. We should go to the dinner together! PM me 🙂
Is anyone traveling from Chicago airport? How are you getting to Purdue?
I'll be driving a rental car from the Indianapolis airport. I haven't heard of anyone coming from Chicago, but renting a car is probably your only option unless there's a shuttle. I don't even know how far apart they are from each other, haha. Safe travels!!
You’re allowed to pick which tour you go oneFor those of you that interviewed last week, how helpful were the discussions? Also, do they put you in a tour, or are you allowed to go in whichever tour you'd like? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Everything listed on the itinerary (besides check in and interview obviously) is optional! you can attend/not attend whatever you'd like. You can attend any tour that fits into your schedule, to work around your interview time-which you will know once you check in!For those of you that interviewed last week, how helpful were the discussions? Also, do they put you in a tour, or are you allowed to go in whichever tour you'd like? Thanks!
Yes. I didn't see anybody that changed out of them.For those of you who have already interviewed, did you stay in your interview clothes for the whole day?
sheltermedhopeful
New Member
Are our guests allowed to go to the discussions or on the tour?
Yup! They can go to everything except for the actual interview.Are our guests allowed to go to the discussions or on the tour?
Had a great day at Purdue today! Fingers crossed for good news!
Does anyone know much about waitlist movement? In case that ends up being my result.
Edit: also, do they give your position on the waitlist?
Does anyone know much about waitlist movement? In case that ends up being my result.
Edit: also, do they give your position on the waitlist?
Last edited:
also, did anyone send (or plan to send) thank you notes to your interviewers?
Dooo itttt (email is fine too)also, did anyone send (or plan to send) thank you notes to your interviewers?
Had a great day at Purdue today! Fingers crossed for good news!
Does anyone know much about waitlist movement? In case that ends up being my result.
Edit: also, do they give your position on the waitlist?
There is more waitlist movement, from what I remember, on the OOS list compared to the in-state list, but both groups do have some movement. I'm not sure about this year, as they over-accepted in the class before me, so they were pretty cautious for my year. And I don't believe they tell you where you are on the waitlist.
Totally keep a positive attitude guys. I was sure bombing a question in my interview doomed me, but apparently not 🙂
Good luck everyone! I know I'm kinda late to the party over here, but I am a current first year here at Purdue and I'm also open to questions or having a conversation.
over-accepted in the class before me
Do you know by how much that was? Just out of curiosity. How many are in the class of 2021?
Do you know by how much that was? Just out of curiosity. How many are in the class of 2021?
We overaccepted by 6 (usually it's 84 but we had 90). However, now we have 86 (lost 4 after first year).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else have a heart attack over the email they just sent out for us to take a survey on the admissions process lol
YES!!!Anyone else have a heart attack over the email they just sent out for us to take a survey on the admissions process lol

I had one from Purdue and one from Michigan State.Anyone else have a heart attack over the email they just sent out for us to take a survey on the admissions process lol
marsupialman117
New Member
I received a call at about 7:30 from Dean Reed. Accepted OOS!!! Good luck everyone! The calls have begun
Congrats!!! I got my call at 4:30 today, accepted IS!!! I was NOT expecting it at all. Purdue is my DREAMI received a call at about 7:30 from Dean Reed. Accepted OOS!!! Good luck everyone! The calls have begun
UAkron Student
Illinois C/O 2023
Oh the Suspense!
OOS acceptance!! Got my call around 630pm last night!! So excited!!
marsupialman117
New Member
Congrats! What state are you from? I'm from NJ and I'm always surprised how many NJ residents go to Purdue. And I guess yesterday was the first day of calls!OOS acceptance!! Got my call around 630pm last night!! So excited!!
Do they do them all in one day?
Historically it seems that Dean Reed makes calls over 4 to 6 days. He is the only one making the calls and therefore it probably takes him a while. It seems as though yesterday was the first day of calls, and the times at which he calls will vary.
As for the release of waitlist or rejection decisions, I'm not sure. If you search for "Purdue" using the search function and specify the Pre-Veterinary forum, you will find threads from previous classes which will give you a lot of insight as to how things have historically happened.
From previous threads, it seems that waitlist/rejection emails go out once all of the acceptance calls are made. They do the calls throughout the day over several days, so I know it can be stressful but don't panic if you haven't gotten one yet! Dean Reed is doing it all himself.Does anyone know how acceptance calls work? Do they do calls throughout the day? Do they do them all in one day? Trying to figure out if I should be expecting a rejection....
It is lovely that the dean personally calls the class😀, but the setup definitely makes you panic!

To those accepted so far, did the Dean give you any next steps? Did he say when you'd recieve something written/via email/etc?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those accepted so far, did the Dean give you any next steps? Did he say when you'd recieve something written/via email/etc?
He mentioned that a follow-up email will come out in a few days with additional information. I hope you get a call soon!
I am from CT! So we are not that far from each other! I am currently at Purdue for undergrad but still had to apply as OOS.Congrats! What state are you from? I'm from NJ and I'm always surprised how many NJ residents go to Purdue. And I guess yesterday was the first day of calls!
MNsportdogDVM
New Member
OOS Accepted! Got the call earlier today. Purdue is an awesome campus, good luck to everyone 🙂
ChasingDVM2023
Iowa State co 2023 :)
Does anyone know if Purdue gives scholarships generally?
Hi Everyone, congratulations on your Purdue acceptance! I am a current first year here and am very glad I made the decision to come to Purdue for my D.V.M. education. There will be challenges in every vet school, but Purdue is a fantastic school to help you navigate through them, learn, and grow.
I own a house in Lafayette 3.5 miles from the vet school (~10 minute drive). I am looking for another housemate and would love to help you navigate through first year! I am a Christian and would love to live with another like-minded lady. I own a 1 year old Golden Retriever who is a fantastic therapy dog and patient practice model – he will let you do anything to him!
Please PM me for more information and so we can talk!
I own a house in Lafayette 3.5 miles from the vet school (~10 minute drive). I am looking for another housemate and would love to help you navigate through first year! I am a Christian and would love to live with another like-minded lady. I own a 1 year old Golden Retriever who is a fantastic therapy dog and patient practice model – he will let you do anything to him!
Please PM me for more information and so we can talk!
Last edited:
Just got an email for an OOS waitlist!!
OOS waitlist as well!
Might remove myself, not sure yet, thought it was a lovely school!
Might remove myself, not sure yet, thought it was a lovely school!
sheltermedhopeful
New Member
Hi guys! I am OOS accepted and am trying to make my decision. Does anyone know if students are allowed to participate in the international experiences first and second year? Also, current students, are there opportunities to get involved in the hospital during the first couple of years? Some schools that I visited mentioned that popping over to the hospital to observe in your free time is welcome, while other schools said that is not allowed. Thanks!
ChasingDVM2023
Iowa State co 2023 :)
Did anyone receive financial aid information? They said it would come before the end on February and I still haven't gotten anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I am OOS accepted and am trying to make my decision. Does anyone know if students are allowed to participate in the international experiences first and second year? Also, current students, are there opportunities to get involved in the hospital during the first couple of years? Some schools that I visited mentioned that popping over to the hospital to observe in your free time is welcome, while other schools said that is not allowed. Thanks!
Hi!
I am a first year here at Purdue. Yes! You can participate in international experiences during the summers following your first and second year -- in fact they really encourage it. There are a lot of really cool trips already established and if there is a country you want to go to that doesn't already have an established trip, they will help you find something. 😉 There are also opportunities to get involved in the hospital and shadow during first year and on. It is sometimes hard to find time to shadow, but if you can it is really worth it. We have large animal emergency response team & foal watch where you are "on call" and will be on a schedule and get called in to help when there is a large animal emergency. You can also shadow in the small animal hospital. Most professors/clinicians are open to you shadowing them you just have to arrange/ask beforehand.sheltermedhopeful
New Member
Thank You! This is really helpful information, I appreciate you taking the time to respond!
Hi guys! I am OOS accepted and am trying to make my decision. Does anyone know if students are allowed to participate in the international experiences first and second year? Also, current students, are there opportunities to get involved in the hospital during the first couple of years? Some schools that I visited mentioned that popping over to the hospital to observe in your free time is welcome, while other schools said that is not allowed. Thanks!
I second the international experiences. I went to Tokyo, Japan after my first year and did a Pathology focused trip with a faculty member. I really enjoyed it. The school encourages. I received $1500 in funding from a scholarship from the school. Other trips I know of are wildlife rescue in Guatemala, South Africa wildlife med trip, zoos in Europe, etc. But you can tailor your trip to whatever you want to do.
I did not yet either.Did anyone receive financial aid information? They said it would come before the end on February and I still haven't gotten anything.
ChasingDVM2023
Iowa State co 2023 :)
Does anyone know how to log in to your Purdue email account? I called financial aid today and they were talking about my account login which I don't have