Purdue c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunshineSophie

Reaction score
Starting this new thread for Purdue c/o 2028 First time OOS :)

Members don't see this ad.

Well..if there are only two of us, we should definitely get accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When do we find out an admissions decision? I just got an email about a missing prerequisite because they won’t take my “p” class and I can sign up for it for the spring semester, but otherwise it really doesn’t make sense for me to take the course again. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
When do we find out an admissions decision? I just got an email about a missing prerequisite because they won’t take my “p” class and I can sign up for it for the spring semester, but otherwise it really doesn’t make sense for me to take the course again. Any thoughts?
Purdue won’t send any updates for a while. Most likely no OOS interviews until Dec/Jan.

Current 1st year and I did undergrad and graduate school here as well. If anyone has any questions feel free!

Oh hey new applicants! Hope to see you here next year. I’m a current 3rd year, feel free to message me and ask any questions. I’m food animal and equine-oriented so I’ll probably be most helpful on extracurricular or curriculum questions if those are your interests, but I can try my best with any question.

Lol purdue sending out heart attacks today haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Also got the IS interview invite today!

May I ask if it's in person....and did you have a choice of dates?
Yeah in person! And no I didn’t have a choice of dates, the email i got said “Interviews of Indiana residents will take place the afternoon of Friday, December 1st”. When I accepted the interview it told me that we’d get assigned a time when we get there day of

Yeah in person! And no I didn’t have a choice of dates, the email i got said “Interviews of Indiana residents will take place the afternoon of Friday, December 1st”. When I accepted the interview it told me that we’d get assigned a time when we get there day of
Thank you

Good luck everyone! I am OOS so I will be waiting until midDecember

Has anyone gotten an email with your exact interview time for Friday?

Just out of curiosity...... are they compensating the cost (transportation, gas, hotel) for the in-person interview?

Just out of curiosity...... are they compensating the cost (transportation, gas, hotel) for the in-person interview?
I doubt it. I've never heard of a vet school doing this but I may be wrong. Purdue did not offer any reimbursement for is applicants interviewing, just gave us a list of resources like hotels nearby.

I doubt it. I've never heard of a vet school doing this but I may be wrong. Purdue did not offer any reimbursement for is applicants interviewing, just gave us a list of resources like hotels nearby.
Thank you for replying and good luck with your interview! I'm oos so I will have to buy flight tickets if I am fortunate enough to have an interview offer. I personally prefer an in-person interview just so I can interact with people less awkwardly but also the cost of attending them is not fun... well anyway best of luck to you on Friday!

I know we JUST interviewed, but anyone know when we will get an update? I know they did their interviews earlier than normal this time around.

Has anyone OOS gotten interviewed yet? Or invited to interview.

I know we JUST interviewed, but anyone know when we will get an update? I know they did their interviews earlier than normal this time around.
The interview time was earlier for IS to account for the 3 days of in-person interviews so I’m assuming decisions won’t get sent out until mid-February as usual. OOS interviews will be done on January 19th and 26th

My interviewers told me they expected us to have decisions back “around the holidays”!

best of luck everyone! oos patiently waiting :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone. Does anyone know if purdue will accept an animal science course from another school that will cover the communication credit?
It’s course description and what we did solely focused on preparing animal science students to speak in front of people professionally, resume write up and editing, mock interview with professional to practice interview skills and communication.

I sure hope it does. My school told me it should but I got rejected from Illinois since they didn’t take animal science courses.

Anyone know when they emailed us saying that “Based on the information you provided on your VMCAS application and in compliance with Purdue University’s residency requirements” does this mean my courses fit their requirements. ? Or does it still mean i may be rejected if i don’t have the right course

Anyone know when they emailed us saying that “Based on the information you provided on your VMCAS application and in compliance with Purdue University’s residency requirements” does this mean my courses fit their requirements. ? Or does it still mean i may be rejected if i don’t have the right course
That just means you are classified as an in-state applicant. You could still be rejected

What’s the average gpa and gpa science requirement for purdue. I’m oos but i am scared I’m going to be rejected

Anyone know if the admissions team lets you email tomorrow about any questions or discrepancies with their decision.

I’ve added on communication to spring and email them to let them know but they never answered and I’m scared they are gonna deny me tomorrow for no reason. I’m so stressed

Anyone know when the admissions open tomorrow as well as a number i could call

Interview invites come out tomorrow! Super nervous as I’ve already gotten reactions from two schools. Good luck to everyone! Based off of last year when do interview invite emails typically go out?