Put Awards in Work/Activities section or Essays?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acetonile

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I put any one time awards I've won in the work/activities section or mention it in either the med school or MD/PhD essay? It's pretty much all I have going for me so I don't want to leave it out entirely!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm in the same situation. several of my awards are for work done in the same lab, which makes me wonder whether they should be combined into a single work/activities box. but i'd rather spread them out, because i feel that several are important enough to warrant it. also, research is pretty much all i did, so if i combine them i'll only be able to fill up a couple work/activities boxes!

flip_d said:
i'm in the same situation. several of my awards are for work done in the same lab, which makes me wonder whether they should be combined into a single work/activities box. but i'd rather spread them out, because i feel that several are important enough to warrant it. also, research is pretty much all i did, so if i combine them i'll only be able to fill up a couple work/activities boxes!

If you worked on multiple projects in that lab, you could split up your awards by project. Or, you could emphasize one or two major awards by listing them separately, and combining the others. I'm combining all of my research awards though, since they're relatively minor.