put fantasy baseball down as a hobby on amcas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamcrusher

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of the female population simply won't understand the fascination w fantasy sports but is putting down fantasy baseball down as a hobby a good idea? If you ever have played fantasy sports you know how addictive it can be and if you've ever played in a hardcore league for money you know the inordinate amounts of time you can spend researching players. If you gave me a baseball players name I could probably give you their rbi, r, ba, hr, ops, obp for the past 5 years and other values like their zip, war, uzr,etc etc. Since I spend so much time to fantasy baseball should I put iit down? I wouldn't be lying, it really really is a hobby of mine. I don't care if it is basically a virtual dungeons and dragons, it is fun and addictive especally when you can rub it in to your friends after you kick their asss

Members don't see this ad.

Where is the hobby section on AMCAS?

For Work/Activities, I just put my extra-curriculars and organizations I was a part of.
I didn't write down how I played basketball with my friends or went to amusement parks/ movies.

Should I?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe you're confusing AMCAS with facebook....nobody cares what you do in your spare time.

Maybe you're confusing AMCAS with facebook....nobody cares what you do in your spare time.

**** you mean i forwarded my transcript to the wrong organization???

Since when?

Thing with fantasy baseball is that its a big use of time, and may be associated with negative behavior (poor time management, addiction, gambling), so putting it on the app is risky, imo.

For an application no. If your interviewer brings up baseball, then maybe you can mention it.