Putting a spring break service trip on application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

natalux

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to list an alternate spring break service trip (within the US, not international) on my application? The trip revolved around food insecurity and included both direct service (at various sites) as well as discussion-based learning about food insecurity. Should I list this at all, and under what category if so?

Members don't see this ad.

This is a great activity to list! You can put it under non-clinical volunteering.

Is there a way to list an alternate spring break service trip (within the US, not international) on my application? The trip revolved around food insecurity and included both direct service (at various sites) as well as discussion-based learning about food insecurity. Should I list this at all, and under what category if so?
You may list it. Do not include sleep, personal upkeep, or socialization time in your total. List the types of direct service you performed. I agree with coffee&scrubs that this is Community Service/Volunteer-Not Medical/Clinical

Reactions: 1 user