Putting new job on app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hello9478

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m going to be starting a clinical research position after graduating this May. I was wondering if I should put this position on my app if I’m starting the month before I submit my app (probably will get about 100 hours in before I submit my primary)? The second part of my question is since the position would involve a combo of pt interaction & actual research, would I classify it as a clinical experience or a research experience? The main reason I’m asking is that I don’t have that much clinical experience (~230 hours) so having more on my app would be beneficial. Would appreciate anyone’s thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

I’m going to be starting a clinical research position after graduating this May. I was wondering if I should put this position on my app if I’m starting the month before I submit my app (probably will get about 100 hours in before I submit my primary)?
Schools like to have an idea of what you're going to be doing with your time, but this doesn't count as actual hours.

The second part of my question is since the position would involve a combo of pt interaction & actual research, would I classify it as a clinical experience or a research experience?
Depends upon what the interaction is. Merely enrolling research subjects (note the term) or calling to remind them of thier appointment isn't patient contact experience. But doing things for them, like taking vitals, etc, does count as such experience.

The main reason I’m asking is that I don’t have that much clinical experience (~230 hours) so having more on my app would be beneficial. Would appreciate anyone’s thoughts!
230 hrs is great!!!

The main reason I’m asking is that I don’t have that much clinical experience (~230 hours) so having more on my app would be beneficial.
Since when was ~200 hours “not that much” clinical experience? I got into my top choice with similar amount as yours (although I had clinical research publications that probably helped).

I appreciate the responses. For some reason, I had the impression 200 is on the low side, good to know that's not the case :)