Py3 and still know nothing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmallPharma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first let me wish you all a Merry New Years.

I am currently moving into my second semester of my Py3, and I am scared that I still know nothing. With APPE rotations starting in about 5-6 months, I feel as though I continue to forget information that I knew semesters ago.

I just wanted to see what other people's thoughts were. Obviously you can't memorize and retain everything, but how many people out there still feel like they know nothing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Most* people feel that in comparison to how much there is to know in pharmacy, they know little. It's not how much you know (well, you have to know something), its knowing where to look if you don't know. Your rotations and review for NAPLEX will help you recall things you thought you forgot, and believe me, you will end up thinking you know more than you thought you did. As you are on rotations, if a specific topic comes up (vanco PKs, indications for certain medications, treatment steps for HIV, etc), then spend some time reviewing those things at those moments as they come up (or that night).

*I do not have data to support this qualifier - going off of comments from classmates, preceptors, and other posts viewed online.

Thank you very much for your reply. Just second guessing myself I suppose.

Members don't see this ad :)
We all feel the same way, although my classmates seem to be in worse shape based on what I gathered from being on rotations with them. Just scary to think that I will be a pharmacist sometime this year :eyebrow:
BUT I will be making big bucks soon!!

nothing new! i didn't know much until i started my rotations!

Thats what pharmacist co-workers told me. That the APPEs will bring eveything together.

I am just nervous because I am at a new school and hoping that all goes well