Q about future courses in AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spygal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does entering courses in AMCAS that you are planning to take in the fall/spring mess with the GPA calculation or take AMCAS longer to go through the verification process? If you don't enter a grade, you get an odd message, even if you check the "future" button.

I have all the required courses I need to apply (I've been out of school a few years), but I wanted to enter the 2 courses I'm taking in the fall just to show that I'm still trying to continue my education. (Side note...if you want to take time off, you get free classes if you work at a university...very nice perk.)
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

spygal said:
Does entering courses in AMCAS that you are planning to take in the fall/spring mess with the GPA calculation or take AMCAS longer to go through the verification process? If you don't enter a grade, you get an odd message, even if you check the "future" button.

I have all the required courses I need to apply (I've been out of school a few years), but I wanted to enter the 2 courses I'm taking in the fall just to show that I'm still trying to continue my education. (Side note...if you want to take time off, you get free classes if you work at a university...very nice perk.)
Thanks!

Don't worry about the message. It doesn't delay anything or mess with any GPA calculations. :)