Q about Hopkins Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chef

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that during 1st & 2nd years, classes end at 1 pm EVERYDAY at Hopkins? What is the real deal? If this is true, then why are other schools having so many more classroom hours? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know about 2nd year, but it does say on the website that in the first year, classes end at 1 PM "usually"

So I dont think that means every day, but pretty close I guess. I havent seen the actual course schedule since they havent sent it to us yet.

I think classes end at 1PM every day, but on at least 2 days of the week you have labs, etc scheduled till about 3:30.

In the first year, classes are out by 1 PM every day until about March... then they start claiming 1-2 afternoons/week. Bottom line is that first year students have lots and lots of time on their hands.

Second year is a bit more demanding, with classes 2-3 afternoons/week (Physician & Society, Clinical Skills). Otherwise, you'll be done at 1:00.

Hope this helps,

doepug
MS III, Johns Hopkins