1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Q about Hopkins Med

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chef, May 12, 2002.

1. chef

chef Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Is it true that during 1st & 2nd years, classes end at 1 pm EVERYDAY at Hopkins? What is the real deal? If this is true, then why are other schools having so many more classroom hours? :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

I dont know about 2nd year, but it does say on the website that in the first year, classes end at 1 PM "usually"

So I dont think that means every day, but pretty close I guess. I havent seen the actual course schedule since they havent sent it to us yet.

4. Zulq

Zulq Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think classes end at 1PM every day, but on at least 2 days of the week you have labs, etc scheduled till about 3:30.

5. doepug

doepug Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

In the first year, classes are out by 1 PM every day until about March... then they start claiming 1-2 afternoons/week. Bottom line is that first year students have lots and lots of time on their hands.

Second year is a bit more demanding, with classes 2-3 afternoons/week (Physician & Society, Clinical Skills). Otherwise, you'll be done at 1:00.

Hope this helps,

doepug
    MS III, Johns Hopkins