Q about when L.O.R's are due?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Unsure Person

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear noble ones who have already matched: First of all, congratulations on your hard work and success. My question is - when do L.O.R's have to submitted? And are they submitted to the SF Match or directly to schools. The reason I ask is because I have not had the most inspirational instructors, especially in clerkships I was hoping to get a LOR in by now (i.e. Medicine). Thus, I am hoping to get a LOR from my medicine sub-I or medicine ICU rotation. I am wondering when I should schedule my medicine sub-I and/or ICU rotation so that I will have enough time to get the LOR and have it sent to the Match or schools. For example, if I do my sub-I in the beginning of the new academic year (July 2005), a LOR from that attending may not be ready until late August or early September 2005. Is this too late for an early Match process in Neuro? I hope I'm not screwed with late timing.

Thank you in advance for helping me.