q bank to learn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamcool

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I learn best by doing questions. Everyone is saying it is great to use q bank to learn pathology during 2nd year. But can I use q bank to learn anatomy and physiology during 1st year? Can somebody who has done q bank such as kaplan or USMLErx tell me if this is feasible. Or what would you recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

you can. Kaplan will give you a discount if you find the right page on their site or ask nicely. USMLE World only has group discounts, but you can reference this group signup page. I've heard mixed reviews for Rx.

Anyone else have an opinion or other suggestion? I would appreciate some feedback. I dont want to throw 300 bux in down the drain.

Members don't see this ad :)
you mean on top of the $1500 for the test itself?

you mean on top of the $1500 for the test itself?

I am probably just going to stick with U world and first aid for my step 1 studying so I don't really understand this question.

I am probably just going to stick with U world and first aid for my step 1 studying so I don't really understand this question.

I'm assuming when he/she said "the test", meant the actual STEP test, which isn't $1500 anyway. It's around $500 at the moment (though, STEP 2 is ~$1100, so maybe they are adding both numbers together).

What exactly is pretest. have you used it?

Pretest is a book of a bunch of questions with answers that have pretty detailed answer explanations to them.

Pros: usually, very hard, and forces you learn the material. Good for those who like to answer questions and then see an answer.

Cons: Very hard, so much that it can go beyond what's needed for the shelf exam (but again really makes you have to understand the material). Questions aren't board-style, so don't expect them to help much in that department.