Q for residents & attendings

Started by Want2Bdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Want2Bdoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For my current PM&R rotation I am giving an informal 5-10min presentation on CRPS & wanted to know what the most useful information would be for the residents for board prep. For example should I focus on current treatment or more on presentation & differentials?
 
I would look up the Budapest criteria, Norman Harden, Michael Stanton-Hicks, and go over the clinical vs research criteria for the signs/symptoms.


you should cover all of the sections you mentioned

see attached
 

Attachments

Oreo gave you a good article. 10-15min isnt much time. Hit the highlights for epidemiology. Might want to make the distinction of sympathetic mediated vs not sympathetic mediated CRPS. Underscore that basically the goal of treatments are to promote functional rehabilitation.