Step I Q. How plasma vol inc in Polycythemia vera?

Started by sgsh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sgsh

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Q. I know RBC mass increases in polycythemia vera but didn't understand how plasma volume increases in polycythemia vera? Can anybody explain this.thanks (From FA, hematology)
 
Q. I know RBC mass increases in polycythemia vera but didn't understand how plasma volume increases in polycythemia vera? Can anybody explain this.thanks (From FA, hematology)
Every resource that I've used has said that the mechanism is unknown. Goljan logic says that because PV takes years to develop, the body tries to compensate for the increased viscosity by increasing plasma volume.