Q-Optics 4.5x Prismatic vs Orascoptic 4.5x HDL Prisms

Started by Unemployed
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Unemployed

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Graduating from DFV 2.5x (non-prism) and decided I need to save my neck and back. I'm currently testing out the "ultimate setup' (price-wise) Orascoptic Eyezoom + XV1. I just received to my credit card statement and started to regret the purchase. The 3.0x is similar my 2.5x. I am adjusting well to the 4.0x and rarely use the 5.0 unless I'm fine-tuning crown margins.

I'm thinking of switching to the 4.5x from Q-Optics or Orascoptics. By the way, I have a Lumadent Light I can switch over.

I heard the angle of declination and weight are the pros for Q-Optics. However, the quality of optics from Orascoptics is superior.

I can get the Orascoptics for $1900 or the Q-Optics for $2250.

Need to return trial loupes in next 4 days.

What's everyone's thoughts?
 
Last edited:
Graduating from DFV 2.5x (non-prism) and decided I need to save my neck and back. I'm currently testing out the "ultimate setup' (price-wise) Orascoptic Eyezoom + XV1. I just received to my credit card statement and started to regret the purchase. The 3.0x is similar my 2.5x. I am adjusting well to the 4.0x and rarely use the 5.0 unless I'm fine-tuning crown margins.

I'm thinking of switching to the 4.5x from Q-Optics or Orascoptics. By the way, I have a Lumadent Light I can switch over.

I heard the angle of declination and weight are the pros for Q-Optics. However, the quality of optics from Orascoptics is superior.

I can get the Orascoptics for $1900 or the Q-Optics for $2250.

Need to return trial loupes in next 4 days.

What's everyone's thoughts?
Hi! What did you get at the end? thoughts?