Q-Optics 4.5x Prismatic vs Orascoptic 4.5x HDL Prisms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unemployed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduating from DFV 2.5x (non-prism) and decided I need to save my neck and back. I'm currently testing out the "ultimate setup' (price-wise) Orascoptic Eyezoom + XV1. I just received to my credit card statement and started to regret the purchase. The 3.0x is similar my 2.5x. I am adjusting well to the 4.0x and rarely use the 5.0 unless I'm fine-tuning crown margins.

I'm thinking of switching to the 4.5x from Q-Optics or Orascoptics. By the way, I have a Lumadent Light I can switch over.

I heard the angle of declination and weight are the pros for Q-Optics. However, the quality of optics from Orascoptics is superior.

I can get the Orascoptics for $1900 or the Q-Optics for $2250.

Need to return trial loupes in next 4 days.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Graduating from DFV 2.5x (non-prism) and decided I need to save my neck and back. I'm currently testing out the "ultimate setup' (price-wise) Orascoptic Eyezoom + XV1. I just received to my credit card statement and started to regret the purchase. The 3.0x is similar my 2.5x. I am adjusting well to the 4.0x and rarely use the 5.0 unless I'm fine-tuning crown margins.

I'm thinking of switching to the 4.5x from Q-Optics or Orascoptics. By the way, I have a Lumadent Light I can switch over.

I heard the angle of declination and weight are the pros for Q-Optics. However, the quality of optics from Orascoptics is superior.

I can get the Orascoptics for $1900 or the Q-Optics for $2250.

Need to return trial loupes in next 4 days.

What's everyone's thoughts?
Hi! What did you get at the end? thoughts?