Step I Qbank: 700 questions and only getting 42%!!! am i doing it wrong

Started by chef
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chef

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I have 3 months left for Step1 prep, (4-5 hrs each day, 7-8 hrs on weekends because I am working during the day) and I read through Kaplan 4vol review and FA ONCE.

My plan was to do Qbank now, read over kaplan & FA again, then take UW & NBME questions.

But 700 questions into Qbank, I'm only scoring 42% cumulative. random questions, timed and 25-50 questions at a time. I was doing much better on Utah med online path quizzes.

So I was hoping Qbank would reinforce basic knowledge and I'd use it as another study tool, more so than an absolute barometer of my Step1 performance.. am I using it wrong? Should I delay doing more Qbank q's until I re-read review books?
 
you have lot of time, do not focus on qbank percent, just keep going through them and focus highly on the wrong questions.
as you get closer you will get higher results and start taking NBME to estimate where you stand