Qbank structure -- trying to decide which to buy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

momgracea

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting ready to drop some cash for ITE/Basic exam prep and had a question about the qbanks.

In the past, I've found that I learn and retain information much more readily when I can focus on a particular subject area and then test myself on the integration of the data later. Consequently, when I studied for Step 2, I'd read/watch Kaplan videos on cardiology, then do the cardiology specific Uworld questions, and then as I completed sections, I'd add Uworld questions at random.

I'd like to do the same with my ITE/Basic review but having a tough time figuring out which programs will allow you to select a subset of questions by subject matter. I didn't look like M5 had that capability and TrueLearn didn't say. I know there are others out there so maybe I just haven't come across the right one.

Any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks to you both. This is very helpful.

My rank list would be

1. anesthesiaqbank.com - tough questions good explanations
2. M5 - tough questions but weak explanations
3. truelearn - a little too basic questions

My rank list would be

1. anesthesiaqbank.com - tough questions good explanations
2. M5 - tough questions but weak explanations
3. truelearn - a little too basic questions

I would disagree with this. IMO, M5 has excellent explanations and it reads like a book. I would rather have a different format that has a randomized question mode but the content is solid and covers everything you need to know for the ITE's. I don't think either qbank is very expensive in the grand scheme of things so it won't hurt to try them all and see what you like. The important thing is to find a qbank you like and master it.