QQ: Physics I GPA

Started by jprybylski
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Retake it with an "A" and move on. It would be a huge waste of time to retake the same class 3 or 4 times and honestly would not offer much benefit. A 3.5 is a great GPA and is nothing to fret about.

I'm honestly surprised your school would let you take the class again. Usually there is a policy in place that let's you retake a class you got a "D" or "F" in but once you get a "C" or better that's it. I'm sure different schools have different policies on this and some would love you to spend the $$.

Retake it and get an "A" and get some other things to make your application sparkle to the adcoms (experience, PCAT, etc)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just ensure you end the semester with an A in order to average out a C on on PharmCAS in the class. It is a complete waste of time to retake the class a third time and it honestly would not benefit you. Just try and finish out with that A.👍
 
I'm honestly surprised your school would let you take the class again. Usually there is a policy in place that let's you retake a class you got a "D" or "F" in but once you get a "C" or better that's it. I'm sure different schools have different policies on this and some would love you to spend the $$.

My school lets you retake classes no matter what you got in them. For UB (not pharmcas) they replace the grade (even if you did worse). but I got C's in a a few classes and they never cared that I retook them.