This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dds_2024

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the new updated Ari's Study Schedule uses a compilation of Khan Academy's math videos.

I've used Chad's before and still have his notes but my understanding of QR didn't really improve so I don't really want to purchase it again.

What videos/other resources are you guys using for QR?

(btw, QR is my weakest subject)

Members don't see this ad.

Videos can only do so much. For math, you just have to do a bunch of problems. Just tackle the problems on BC or Destroyer and watch the videos to supplement.

Reactions: 1 user
Videos can only do so much. For math, you just have to do a bunch of problems. Just tackle the problems on BC or Destroyer and watch the videos to supplement.

I've started the destroyer problems and can only get some of the questions right. I don't know how effective it is to get everything almost wrong, lol.

Did you just use chad's and/or Khan academy?

Members don't see this ad :)
Try Khan Academy videos, they're free after all. That will give you a basis to work off of, and then it's just practice practice practice. For your second question, personally I had a strong background in math so I didn't use either BUT when I tutored a student, he found them super helpful and it was easier for me to explain concepts to him haha. Hope this helps :)

I just saw/looked over your DAT breakdown.. OH MY GOSH!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
You only had 8 weeks and you accomplished so much!!!!

I'm going to try.. what I previously mentioned, i don't really get the answers correct when i started destroyer. did you review everything and memorized before you did destroyer??
I feel so unprepared every time i try to tackle any questions :(
it also takes me so long to review my answers, would you finish reviewing everything (destroyer/bootcamp) per day?

I just saw/looked over your DAT breakdown.. OH MY GOSH!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
You only had 8 weeks and you accomplished so much!!!!

I'm going to try.. what I previously mentioned, i don't really get the answers correct when i started destroyer. did you review everything and memorized before you did destroyer??
I feel so unprepared every time i try to tackle any questions :(
it also takes me so long to review my answers, would you finish reviewing everything (destroyer/bootcamp) per day?
Destroyer is quite a bit harder than BC and BC is more on par with the actual DAT, with similar format. It also breaks down your results so you know which sections you need to work on. You can then just do the problems for those sections.

Keep in mind the importance of timing for QR. You need to practice marking and skipping the trickier questions. I cannot stress this enough. Time efficiency really is critical for this section.

I put off QR until the last ten days or so but got a 22 using this method. Not great, but not bad either.

For anyones thats taken the DAT how do you feel the new QC on the DAT compare to the QC questions on bootcamp? Im finding the bootcamp ones very hard, alot harder than regular GRE QC!

For anyones thats taken the DAT how do you feel the new QC on the DAT compare to the QC questions on bootcamp? Im finding the bootcamp ones very hard, alot harder than regular GRE QC!
BC questions are spot on, maybe a little harder than the real thing.

Hahaha thank you! :)
And it's just practice. And like I said before as well, I already had/have a very strong background in math, and I love it. So, I didn't do any review, I just jumped into Math Destroyer timed.
It took me sooooo long to review too, don't worry. When are you planning to take your test?

I can't wait to see what dental schools you get into :) haha with that GPA and and DAT score, the world is your oyster x) haha

I was originally going to take it in two weeks, but I realized I was just rushing before my mission trip/vacation (which in total will be about 3.5 weeks) but i figured I'd do worse by taking the dat with half of ari's study guide done.

so as of right now, i'm trying to complete my content before i leave (review flashcards/notes/etc. during the trip because there won't be internet where we're going and my family vacation is also out of the country so i'm sure connecting to the internet won't be easy either)

then when I come back on october 4 it will just be completely doing destroyer and bootcamp.
I just rescheduled my date right now to december 18

i honestly hope i progress because i feel like my brain is starting from level zero, haha.

Destroyer is quite a bit harder than BC and BC is more on par with the actual DAT, with similar format. It also breaks down your results so you know which sections you need to work on. You can then just do the problems for those sections.

Keep in mind the importance of timing for QR. You need to practice marking and skipping the trickier questions. I cannot stress this enough. Time efficiency really is critical for this section.

I put off QR until the last ten days or so but got a 22 using this method. Not great, but not bad either.

wow, really smart advice!!! i forgot there's breakdown sections for each subject :O thank you for reminding me!!!!

i'm guessing your math background was solid too? I'm going to need more than 10 days :p haha but that's awesome! i'll keep that in mind thank you!