Qs about part II new format "PLS HELP"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denty8833

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all

anyone heard anything about the new clinical terms?

they said with the new format, they are not using acute and clinical, reversible and irreversible term anymore .. instead they are using symptomatic and asymptomatic ...

Does anyone know anything about this, pls HELP

Members don't see this ad.

Please if anyone know anything about it ,, let us know

my exam is sooooon

Hi, how are you?
The exam is almost the same, don't panic..!!
They just try to put the new type of questions, to know if the people can handle it (statistic purposes). But for example in my case, it was the same as always. A friend of mine took it three weeks before i did and he told me that he had those new type of questions.
Relax...ok?

Joan

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot for ur answer .. it is just that because I heard from my friend in a US dental school .. that there will be a new clinical terms concerning the pulpitis and periodontitis .. as there will be no more irreversible or reversible, acute or chronic .. and they will be using asymptomatic and symptomatic instead

so I was wondering if someone knows about it and can help me with it to know about them more ..

THANK YOU

Hi, how are you?
The exam is almost the same, don't panic..!!
They just try to put the new type of questions, to know if the people can handle it (statistic purposes). But for example in my case, it was the same as always. A friend of mine took it three weeks before i did and he told me that he had those new type of questions.
Relax...ok?

Joan

I wonder if such questions will be considered while scoring. The NBDE guide says that new types of questions are for statistical purpose only, but they must be attempted. If a question has alterations in its terminology... would it be considered for scoring? There would be other types of questions too, like matching and multiple choice questions with more than 5 choices.

well at the ADA website, the new type of "Qs" is not scored ,,, but for the new terms like symptomatic and asymptomatic ,, I think they will score it as they are using it in the schools now !!

I wonder if such questions will be considered while scoring. The NBDE guide says that new types of questions are for statistical purpose only, but they must be attempted. If a question has alterations in its terminology... would it be considered for scoring? There would be other types of questions too, like matching and multiple choice questions with more than 5 choices.

In that case, they should have posted it somewhere. Newer terms are not just introduced. People are informed about its usage. Do you have any information about where it is mentioned? Any resources, where the usage of such terms is mentioned, or the complete definitions of them?

In that case, they should have posted it somewhere. Newer terms are not just introduced. People are informed about its usage. Do you have any information about where it is mentioned? Any resources, where the usage of such terms is mentioned, or the complete definitions of them?

NBDE 2 student guide 2012 . And yes,my exam questions had these new terms.

hi meridith
I am preparing for NBDE part 2, and plan to take in may. You might have faced newer type of questions. Did they have any change in terminology as mentioned by previous posts on this thread? What differences you actually found as compared to the previous year old questions?