Q's Regarding SN2ED's 4 Month Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afterallthistime

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please explain what "If you have the version with both "Review" passages and a practice exam, take 1/3 from the Review Passages and 1/3 from the Practice Exam?" I got it from the SN2ED 3 month schedule thread, but am a bit confused.

If you use the passages from the practice exams at the end of the BR book, the topics don't correspond to that current chapter's topics because they're all random topics (because it's comprehensive). So wouldn't it be counterproductive to do practice exam passages because you haven't gone over some of these topics?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone please explain what "If you have the version with both "Review" passages and a practice exam, take 1/3 from the Review Passages and 1/3 from the Practice Exam?" I got it from the SN2ED 3 month schedule thread, but am a bit confused.

If you use the passages from the practice exams at the end of the BR book, the topics don't correspond to that current chapter's topics because they're all random topics (because it's comprehensive). So wouldn't it be counterproductive to do practice exam passages because you haven't gone over some of these topics?

Thanks!
Hey this is a really good point. Can someone share their input on this? Im considering following his schedule but I know it's outdated & I too have the new tbr books

Personally I would ignore that particular bit. Save the practice exam portions to help you construct mock FLs later on. I feel this is a better approach since AAMC now only has a Sample Exam and 3 official FLs, compared to before where AAMC had 10+ FLs available. If you feel you need more practice than the passages provide, supplement with AAMC Section Banks and UWorld.