Qualified bio courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Almaz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was wondering if these two biology courses are qualified for the biology requirements for dental schools.

The first is a microbiology course with lab. (4 credits)

The second is a conservation biology course with lab. (3 credits)

Now are dental schools looking at only the first two general biolog courses as the requirements or are they looking for any two biology courses?

Basically, I did not take the first two general biology courses as my school allows for either anatomy or biology and so I took these upper level biology courses with labs. Please let me know what you all think.

Almaz

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone. I was wondering if these two biology courses are qualified for the biology requirements for dental schools.

The first is a microbiology course with lab. (4 credits)

The second is a conservation biology course with lab. (3 credits)

Now are dental schools looking at only the first two general biolog courses as the requirements or are they looking for any two biology courses?

Basically, I did not take the first two general biology courses as my school allows for either anatomy or biology and so I took these upper level biology courses with labs. Please let me know what you all think.

Almaz

If the school specifically mentioned "General Bio", I don't think you can get away with those 2.

Otherwise, you should be OK.