Quality of Life at Postbacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ryanmcwhorter34

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I am currently looking into postbacc programs and will be applying in the fall for the 24/25 year. I think I'm in a good place for my application right now: I have clinical volunteering experience, work in 2 labs, shadowed 100+ hours, and have 3.97 from a t20 undergrad school. I am looking into schools like BM, Goucher, and Scripps, and really want to know what the quality of life is like at these schools. I know that it is intense and fast, but I want to know people's experiences and recommendations for maintaining a high quality of life during this year. Thank you so much!
 
Out of curiosity, why are you opting for a formal post-bacc with a stellar gpa from a top school? It seems like a high risk, low reward proposition--and probably significantly more expensive than a DIY post-bacc.
 
Out of curiosity, why are you opting for a formal post-bacc with a stellar gpa from a top school? It seems like a high risk, low reward proposition--and probably significantly more expensive than a DIY post-bacc.
Personally, I like having the structure. And while it definitely is more expensive, I do really like the idea of linkages to remove a year. I feel that cost-wise, it will sort of even out since cost of living in the area I am at is ridiculous so saving a year there would be nice. However, if you have a recommendation for what I should do, please let me know!! I had a significant health scare this past year, and I settled on making the switch just last month. Everyone recommended doing a postbacc, but if you have advice I'd love to hear it.