Quant Reasoning concern-->

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predentknight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok.. so pretty much have ignored QR to this point, from those who have taken what formulas would you recomend to know? besides the basic area,volume, trig functions, simple interest, permutations, and combinations. Or is it mainly just reasoning out word problems w/o the use of formulas.

p.s. if someone has a list of the formulas that they would like to share that would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Ok.. so pretty much have ignored QR to this point, from those who have taken what formulas would you recomend to know? besides the basic area,volume, trig functions, simple interest, permutations, and combinations. Or is it mainly just reasoning out word problems w/o the use of formulas.

p.s. if someone has a list of the formulas that they would like to share that would be greatly appreciated

I'm starting QR tomorrow and would find this helpful as well!

Thanks!

I'm taking the DAT in August. To study for QR I've been doing SAT Math and SAT Math Level 2. I don't know if this is the best course of action, but, from what I've heard QR is big on word problems and there are lots of those on the SAT.

the QR focuses on college and high school level algebra, plus trig and some basic geometry. Know your trig functions (SOHCAHTOA and all that) and know some basic formulae like d = rt and whatnot. You may need to know the quadratic formula.

There is one type of problem, a "work" problem that involves someone doing a job in X hours, and another person doing the same job in Y hours. This formula will help you:

If X = time it takes for person 1 to do job
Y = time it takes for person 2 to do same job
t = time it takes for both to do job together

then:
(1/x)t + (1/y)t = 1

solve for t.

Review your arithmetic! Especially when it comes to fractions and decimals.

Exponents are a topic of confusion for many; know that stuff cold. This includes radicals.

factoring, quadratics, graphing lines and parabolas... all that stuff is important.

www.math.com has been a good resource for me at times.