• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Quantitative Reasoning Help!

FutureDentDee

2+ Year Member
May 27, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
I took my 1st bootcamp practice test and scored WAY below average on QR. Now that I'm going through the question banks I am starting to learn from the mistakes I made. The one exception is algebra. For some reason the questions don't click to me and as soon as I see x and y my brain shuts down. Sometimes the explanations make sense but if I was to be given the same problem the next day I would probably get it wrong again.

What tips do you all have for algebra and the qr section in general? Learning how to do the algebra questions is a must since they occur the most frequently.

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2016
  1. Dental Student
I'd say Khan Academy has always been a solid go-to for the basics, and their videos are free too! Their videos walk you through questions, and then they have other questions you could practice with. Think you have to make a free account for the questions, but I think the videos are accessible without an account

Reactions: 1 user

Dochopeful13

7+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2013
  1. Pre-Medical
I took my 1st bootcamp practice test and scored WAY below average on QR. Now that I'm going through the question banks I am starting to learn from the mistakes I made. The one exception is algebra. For some reason the questions don't click to me and as soon as I see x and y my brain shuts down. Sometimes the explanations make sense but if I was to be given the same problem the next day I would probably get it wrong again.

What tips do you all have for algebra and the qr section in general? Learning how to do the algebra questions is a must since they occur the most frequently.
I’ve heard math destroyer is really good.

Reactions: 1 user

NewtonStar

Sep 27, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental

Did you get a chance to review all of the algebra concepts? If you take a practice without reviewing anything, you're going to score poorly. For QR I personally used MathDestroyer and DATBooster which helped me score a 27 (didn't use bootcamp at all). The videos on booster were really helpful to learn all the concepts, they have a few Algebra videos on youtube that might help you:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.