Quantitative Reasoning Section

JAB1215

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how the Quantitative Reasoning section on the real OAT compares to Kaplan's QR sections. I'm having a lot of issues with the timing of Kaplan's QR section, it honestly seems unrealistic that the real OAT would have as many word problems and lengthy trig calculations that Kaplan's QR sections have. I've also done some problems in the OAT Destroyer & Mometrix OAT practice questions (think I got this when I ordered some flashcards) - which seem more reasonable in regards to timing.
Also, I've seen many posts on here about whether the real OAT QR section even has trig or not; for those of you who have recently taken the OAT, what were your thoughts on the QR section?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The 2017 OAT guide doesn't have trig listed as one of the topics anymore. Also I took the OAT the other day and didn't see any trig, so I think it's safe to say you won't see it on your QR section! I will say though my QR was my lowest section. I didn't prepare as much as I should have and I underestimated it, but it sounds like you've already been doing a lot to prepare which is good.

Reactions: 1 user
When I wrote it on Aug. 31.2017 there were no trigs but there were quite a few, compare A and B using main equation. I can't remember an exact question but an example would be:
Given equation x^2+2x+1=0,
compare A) X and B) 1

And your answers are:
A is greater than B
B is greater than A
They are both equal
something something something
something else

Then you'd solve for X, (x+1)(x+1)=0, therefore x=-1
Therefore X = -1, B = 1, so B > A.

I had like 4-5 questions like this.

I also had a few probability questions.