• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Therese737

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
Status
I am not if I should attend a college that is on the semester system or quarter system, for my science pre-reqs.
My goal is to take the April MCAT and raise my cum. gpa. If I go to a school on the quarter system (fall, winter , spring) I will
have a schedule like this and each class is 4 quarter hours. : (I'm taking general chemistry over the summer)

Fall: Biology 101, Physics 101, Organic Chem 101.
Winter: Bio 102, physics 102, Organic chem 102
Spring: Bio 103, phys 103, organic chem 103-(Spring quarter ends first week of June. Should I still take the MCAT in April with 2 months of class left?)
If I do this, I was thinking 2 months wouldn't be that bad if I study on my own the things not covered in class.

If I go to a school on the semester system, each class is 3 semester hours and my schedule will be like this:

Fall: Physics 101, Bio 101, Organic Chem 101

Spring: Physics 102, Bio 102, Organic Chem 102- (Spring semester ends in mid May-I want to take the April MCAT, so I'd have 1 month of classes left before it.)

I thought a quarter system was better since each class is worth 4 quarter hours instead of 3, and it might help my gpa more than the 3 semester hours if I do well...any thoughts?

About the Ads