Ques re: writing a paper for publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WhatAmIDoing

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm writing a case report with a junior faculty who's responsibilities are mainly clinical. We are asking a senior faculty (who is editor of a journal) to review the writeup. Do I offer to put his name on the case report?
 
I was just wondering what the standard was. The only paper I've written before was with several faculty members who had published before. The faculty I'm doing this case with has about the same experience I have (hence why I am not asking him this question), so I wasn't sure what the protocol was if asking a senior faculty to spend his time reviewing the writeup.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering what the standard was. The only paper I've written before was with several faculty members who had published before. The faculty I'm doing this case with has about the same experience I have (hence why I am not asking him this question), so I wasn't sure what the protocol was if asking a senior faculty to spend his time reviewing the writeup.

Put him in the acknowledgements.