Question about admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does it mean to be put on a waitlist without an interview? When I filled out the waitlist form it stated that I could be called any time until the first week of classes. But, I thought you had to go through an interview before you can be put on a waitlist. Any feedback appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

What does it mean to be put on a waitlist without an interview? When I filled out the waitlist form it stated that I could be called any time until the first week of classes. But, I thought you had to go through an interview before you can be put on a waitlist. Any feedback appreciated.

It often means that the school didn't find the person worthy enough for an interview in the first round. An accepted applicant at most schools has to go through an interview prior to getting accepted. So, it's pretty bad news when the school says they don't want to interview you before everyone else. Still, it's better than getting outright rejected with no shot at the school. I believe that someone on the board did get an interview after getting waitlisted, so its not impossible.

maybe you're wait-listed for the interview wait-list:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
if you do your math right...you're just wait-listed for an interview (not yet on the interview list), and definitely not yet on the acceptance list, go figure

:laugh:

Yeah? Don't you think I figured that bit? So, I called the counselor and asked him the same question. He explained the whole process in detail by saying that after everyone sends in their intent to enroll, they usually have twenty spots that become available. To fill these twenty or so spots they pull people off that waitlist (that part is common sense). Now doesn't that seem like it's the waitlist after the interview? And it would make sense that I was one of those people on that "waitlist" (whichever waitlist it may be) or why else would he talk about it?.:(

I remember getting that exact same letter from Creighton back in March...but I got the interview invite that same week. Sorry but if you didn't get the interview invite yet, things don't look good...especially when there's so many people who ended up on the waitlist after being interviewed.