Question about ALBERT EINSTEIN Acceptance notification process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anybody know how the AE acceptance process works? I read on their website that they only send rejection notices through snail-mail and everything else is placed in email format. So does that mean if I don't receive an email from them on Jan 15th Im rejected and I should just wait for the rejection letter in the mail? Anybody have any idea about AE? THANKS.

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm that's weird. On interview day they made a very explicit point of telling us that everything is sent snail mail. And everything, rejections, acceptances and waitlists are sent in thin envelopes. Maybe they've changed their procedure since i interviewed in early october???

hey,
I interviewed in early november and it was never mentioned. I was looking at their website and this is what was posted under "communications"

"Communication

The M.D. Program
There are few occasions when the Admissions Office communicates with applicants by paper ?snail mail.? The exception is letters of disposition. Occasionally, applicants may be sent a letter requesting specific information. At all other times, communication is via email [email protected] and/or telephone 718-430-3014 or 718-430-2106. Our FAX number is 718-430-8840.

No printed material will be mailed to applicants. All information is contained on this website.

Invitations for interview, and scheduling of interviews is done via email.

It is critical that applicants keep both AMCAS and Einstein informed of changes in all addresses, i.e., email, home and school address, and telephone number. Applicants should use their AAMC identification number when communicating with the Medical College."

I was assuming that also meant acceptances were by email also?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard AE notifies their final decisions via snail mail whether acceptance or not.

I have the same perception as Hapkidochic's, that they notify final decisions via snail mail. They told us this at my interview in October. So unless they changed their minds after October, I would expect to hear through snail mail.

we are all agreed on the Jan 15th date as when they beginning mailing the material?