Question about AMCAS application activities

Started by Roo2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Roo2

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Am I supposed to put personal hobbies on the application if I have less than 15 entries for "serious" things? I've been running and weightlifting for about four hours a week every week since about my junior year of high school and I see it as a pretty important hobby despite the fact that I don't compete. Should I enter it in my application list? If so, can I put myself as the activity contact?

On a separate note, the application gets angry at me if I try to go to my M.D./Ph.D. essay without filling in my personal essay. Can I just put some filler in there and come back to it later, or will it not let me fix it?

Thanks!
 
I grouped a few hobbies and other activities together to make one listing.
 
Am I supposed to put personal hobbies on the application if I have less than 15 entries for "serious" things? I've been running and weightlifting for about four hours a week every week since about my junior year of high school and I see it as a pretty important hobby despite the fact that I don't compete. Should I enter it in my application list? If so, can I put myself as the activity contact?

On a separate note, the application gets angry at me if I try to go to my M.D./Ph.D. essay without filling in my personal essay. Can I just put some filler in there and come back to it later, or will it not let me fix it?

Thanks!
You shouldn't be trying to fill all 15 slots unless you have 15 "worthy" entries. The average applicant only uses 9 or 10 of them

That being said, you definitely should be including hobbies. Group them all together into one entry, possibly using a friend, roommate, or your mother as a contact

There is little point to inputting your MD/PhD essay until your PS is done too. However, you can edit your PS until you submit your application