question about applications...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holycow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently decided to go to pharmacy school, so I have a few questions..please bare with me:

I don't have a couple of pre-reqs such as anatomy lab and economics. So I will be taking that this fall. I did take anatomy however, i took it pass/fail not realizing that I would need it. My question is will i need to re-take it or will school accept a passing grade? I also will be out of the country until the end of august so i will have to take the Pcat in october. My question is can i still apply for fall 2009 before i leave the country even though I won't have two pre-reqs and haven't taken the pcat?

Will i be at a significant disadvantage? Also, my gpa is around 3.0. just wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You'll have to re-take the anatomy for most schools, but ask the specific pharm school you are applying to. With a 3.0, no PCAT, and two missing pre-reqs, you'll be at a disadvantage no doubt, but nothings impossible. If I were you, I would take my time and retake a few courses in addition to your two missing pre-reqs and study for the PCAT during the next year and then apply.

I recently decided to go to pharmacy school, so I have a few questions..please bare with me:

I don't have a couple of pre-reqs such as anatomy lab and economics. So I will be taking that this fall. I did take anatomy however, i took it pass/fail not realizing that I would need it. My question is will i need to re-take it or will school accept a passing grade? I also will be out of the country until the end of august so i will have to take the Pcat in october. My question is can i still apply for fall 2009 before i leave the country even though I won't have two pre-reqs and haven't taken the pcat?

Will i be at a significant disadvantage? Also, my gpa is around 3.0. just wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks in advance!

most schools wont accept pass/fail marks for prerequisites. you can apply for fall 2009 so long as you plan to take the remaining prerequisites by the end of spring 2009. (some schools will allow you to take prereq courses in summer)

about the pcat, again, it depends on the school. some schools require applicants to take the august pcat for fall 2009 admission. others allow you to take the October test.