Question about BCPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

punkindrublic

calls shenanigans
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
If you took engineering phys/chem and they are specifically for engineers, that is, your school has separate courses for life sciences, engineers, and physics/chem majors, are those included in your BCPM? I remember hearing an advisor once say that if your school has a specific track for premed and you follow a different track, those aren't included in BCPM calculations, or don't have to be if you take them later in the health sciences.

Phillyborn

illadelphia
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
if the main stress was physics and chemistry (which I can't imagine it was not) you're fine. BCPM deals more with content than what the class is called.

karmega5

MS2
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you do AMCAS application, there's a long list of which courses are bio, chem, phys, or math, and I think there's a seperate category for engineering classes. Yes, it's supposed to be based on the content of the course, but I think you'll have a hard time with any course that has engineering in the title. There should be some more threads about this. A lot of engineering students get pretty pissed about it.