question about bio content

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eddieyahh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have taken the actual DAT,

Is knowing all the phyla and general characteristics sufficient for the real DAT?

Or do we have to learn it in more detail, like specific classes

I'm asking this because Topscorepro always has at least one question asking about a specific genus or class

Members don't see this ad.

I know people who have had topscore like phylogeny questions. Might as well go through that stuff. I found it the most difficult thing to learn because I had 0 interest in it.

what do you mean you "know" people who "like" phylogeny questions? i'm a little confused.

let me rephrase my question :)

is knowing characteristics of the PHYLUM (artrhopods, annelids, etc) enough,

OR

do we have to know more detailed stuff such as trematode (which is a class under platyhelminthes), or "turbatrix" (which is a type of nematode...)

the likelihood of the actual DAT is very slim but it has been asked once or twice in the past so up to you on whether or not you want to waste all that time knowing phylums and what not haha. I personally think the general characteristics should be enough. spend your time more efficiently and study things they test more often...