Question about Boards Part 1 raw score to pass

Started by podvamp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

podvamp

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know they don't release your scores if you pass but do they release the actual raw score if you don't pass or do they keep that info hidden still and just tell you which areas you were below minimal competency in?

I only ask because I was curious about how many questions we actually need to be getting right out of the 205 (on average from previous years) to beat their raw score cut off for passing?

I've heard numbers around 55% of the questions correct once the test is normalized will usually get the job done. Any truth to that number? I realize it might be guesswork and that's fine. I'm ok with good guesses at this point.
 
Its coming! T minus 3 days. I'm getting amped. Good luck everyone. I will be having a USMLE 1st Aid book bonfire in miami on wednesday evening if anyone wants to join. Let's get this over with already.
 
Its coming! T minus 3 days. I'm getting amped. Good luck everyone. I will be having a USMLE 1st Aid book bonfire in miami on wednesday evening if anyone wants to join. Let's get this over with already.

I'm keeping mine in case I need to try again in October

But I'm also ready for it to be dunzo