Question about Bruxism (Teeth grinding) that my dentist told me.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sekiray

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, if any of you guys can answer this, I would really appreciate it because it will save me thousands of dollars.

I grind my teeth pretty hard at night. My lower left molar has no enamel left. SO I have to do a porcelain reconstruction which is going to cost me 1000 dollars. This is fair game so far.

My dentist is telling me to get invisalign because he is saying that the problem is with my teeth positioning. He saids because my teeth positioning is a bit off, my brain doensnt like that and grinds my teeth at night in order to "correctly put it into position", which it cant -> grinds.

I told him that I wear a night guard that I got from CVS/longs (Those plastic soft ones where I made my own impression). He saids that those do not work and that I need to 1. get a night guard from him which he will make that fits perfectly. 2. Get invisialign eventually to make sure my bite is perfect, which would theoretically reduce my grinding.

He saids that if I do not get the invisalign, that I will lose my enamel/porcelain again in 10 years (even with the use of my night guard).

Is he just a good sales man? Or are my night guards good enough? Or is this all bull****?

Any input would be appreciated.

THe best solution would be that my current night guards work and it will last me as long as it is intact.

Members don't see this ad.

...in before the close!

Go get a second opinion.

A mod will tell you that we can't give you any advice. Sorry.

As mentioned, SDN isn't a place for soliciting medical advice. If you want or need a second opinion, you're going to have to get it the old fashioned way: by seeing another dentist.

Status
Not open for further replies.