1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Question About Certain Course And Gpa!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by theDr., Nov 7, 2002.

1. theDr.

theDr. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey everyone, Frist question deals with course taking. First, I have completed my first four years and
    finished with a business degree, however, i have also taken my premed requirements and will be staying
    an extra 10th semester to finish up an organic chem lab. However, next semester I will be doing an
    independant research project which combines business and the health care systerm, plus taking a Kaplan
    MCAT review course on campus, my organic lab, and one final course. However, I don't know what to
    take for my final course, I don't want to take anything very time consuming, i want to spend my time
    studying for the MCATs. I have finish 1 year bio, 1 year physics, 1 calc, 1 year org, 1 biochm
    course..but i really don't want to take a science course next semester as a 3rd course because i want to
    spend my time studying...i was thinking about a language course and maybe putting it on pass/fail...what
    does everyone think??? Should i take like a genetics or language which would be less time consuming?
    Thanks. Also, is a 3.7 science GPA good, i have a 4.0 gpa in my other courses, mainly business and
    general education courses, over my four years. Thank you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. siempre595

7+ Year Member

I'd go with a language. Genetics is a pretty hard course usually, and you don't really want to take it pass/fail, schools will want to see a grade for that one. And the language skills not only look good, but really do make you well-rounded and interesting. Your gpa situation looks excellent. Aim for a good mcat and you'll be in excellent shape. Good luck!

4. BlueAvocado

BlueAvocado MD/DO Hopeful
    Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    At this point the only thing I would suggest is not taking either if you don't have the time. I am not exactlly sure on how time consuming Genetics is, but Language is not worth taking if you are only going to spend a semester or a year trying to learn. If that is what your goal is. If you are trying to learn a language it's very time consuming and taking a semester of it will seem like a waste. You might as well take something relaxing like Art or Music. My .02 cents.

5. Raptor

Raptor Found one
    7+ Year Member

I have a question myself, do you all think that I should take immunology. I am a junior and second semester I know that I will be taking Organic 2 lec/lab, Physics 2 lec/lab, and a fun course. What do you all think I should do? My advisor teaches immunology and probably will want me to take his course, however should i just worry about doing really well in organic and physics. Thanks again