Question About Certain Course And Gpa!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, Frist question deals with course taking. First, I have completed my first four years and
finished with a business degree, however, i have also taken my premed requirements and will be staying
an extra 10th semester to finish up an organic chem lab. However, next semester I will be doing an
independant research project which combines business and the health care systerm, plus taking a Kaplan
MCAT review course on campus, my organic lab, and one final course. However, I don't know what to
take for my final course, I don't want to take anything very time consuming, i want to spend my time
studying for the MCATs. I have finish 1 year bio, 1 year physics, 1 calc, 1 year org, 1 biochm
course..but i really don't want to take a science course next semester as a 3rd course because i want to
spend my time studying...i was thinking about a language course and maybe putting it on pass/fail...what
does everyone think??? Should i take like a genetics or language which would be less time consuming?
Thanks. Also, is a 3.7 science GPA good, i have a 4.0 gpa in my other courses, mainly business and
general education courses, over my four years. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go with a language. Genetics is a pretty hard course usually, and you don't really want to take it pass/fail, schools will want to see a grade for that one. And the language skills not only look good, but really do make you well-rounded and interesting. Your gpa situation looks excellent. Aim for a good mcat and you'll be in excellent shape. Good luck!

At this point the only thing I would suggest is not taking either if you don't have the time. I am not exactlly sure on how time consuming Genetics is, but Language is not worth taking if you are only going to spend a semester or a year trying to learn. If that is what your goal is. If you are trying to learn a language it's very time consuming and taking a semester of it will seem like a waste. You might as well take something relaxing like Art or Music. My .02 cents.

I have a question myself, do you all think that I should take immunology. I am a junior and second semester I know that I will be taking Organic 2 lec/lab, Physics 2 lec/lab, and a fun course. What do you all think I should do? My advisor teaches immunology and probably will want me to take his course, however should i just worry about doing really well in organic and physics. Thanks again