Question about Chad's gen chem videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

random1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I ordered the gen chem videos for the MCAT. It's labeled as HD General Chemistry videos, which is what I have started watching. I just started topic 4 on solutions, but on the quiz about the net ionic equation, I didn't know how to do it because he didn't cover it in the video. Then he wrote in the quiz FAQ that he covers it during another video which is in the College Chemistry section (which I only have topics 1-12 apparently)...are those videos supplementary to the HD MCAT or are they also meant to be watched?? I'm just wondering now if I should go back and watch those videos for the topics I already covered, I'm afraid I might have missed something now.

Update: It seems like there are quite a few things he covers there that he skips over in the HD series, such as van der waals equation for real gases. Are you guys also watching the general college chem vids?

Members don't see this ad.

The college videos aren't MCAT prep.. In the HD videos he covers ONLY what you need to know for the exam and kind of assumes you already have some base knowledge.. The college videos are more suited to supplement you during an actual course. If you're not understanding something then I don't see anything wrong with watching more videos in the college section, but some would view it as a waste of time because there may be "superfluous info" or topics..

There are updated 2013 MCAT video that were recently updated. Are these any better/different than the HD versions?

I would use the 2013 versions because he said theyre tailored to the MCAT, as apposed to the other ones that included DAT/PCAT/OAT (not sure how much different it is). he looked up the guidelines on AAMC and prepped his lectures accordingly

Members don't see this ad :)
I certainly noticed that he skips quite a bit in the HD series... I haven't watched the older ones. Still, I think those HD chem videos are AMAZING, I really recommend them. I'm supplementing whatever he skips with EK and BR. I don't think watching 10+ hours of chem video's over and over is realistic for anybody who doesn't use a performance enhancing drug..lol

they're pretty much the same, just organized better--the length of the total videos has not changed so really don't think it's any different.

and by organized better i just mean that there arent a billion videos for one section